New hybrids blooming.

Louisville, KY

Some of these are brand new others I had last season but am hoping to get them full grow this season. They look a bit rough we have had cold weather hale storms and strong winds. But they are still moving.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

This form has both dark and green leaves its flowers are a super bright orangish red color. I did not think it was a dwarf but it has a lot of flower heads coming up to be so small. Very odd looking at the leaves i first thought it was two plants growing in the same pot. But nope one very odd canna.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

I have been messing with species a bit and am trying to do something a bit different than other breeders. I do breed just about all my cannas but I have a interest in breeding newer hybrids and crossing them back with species. It seems odd but I hope to maybe get different traits out of the species that maybe over looked in cannas.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol, when I first looked at your picture I thought it was two different plants and started to look closer! That's stunning! and I love those hot colors.

X

Longview, TX

I am new to this forum.

I saw your photos and thought I would share what I happened on in Dallas Tx in front of a store. I believe this is Cleopatra, so pretty with it's red and yellow blooms. I am only showing the leaf part in my pix, but the other photos I have show the pretty blooms.

I find this forum very interesting and I am learning so much.

Thumbnail by sunnybloom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.