Fighting the Fluff & Firming w/Fido

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Debbie had the bestest idea - that those of us interested could begin some healthy lifestyle habits together...sharing what works, what doesn't...you know - good ole support system. She thought starting the 1st of the month was a good idea...I agree!! Mondays just don't cut it for me...LOL She'd also mentioned getting the pets involved - fit family all around!!!
I'd mentioned that keeping a journal with your weight and measurements is the best way to motivate yourself down the line - works well for me, at least. Much as I hate it in the beginning when you see where you started and the progress you've made...it's a good motivator!!! Take a "before" pic...front and side - THAT really did it for me last year!!
So everyone jump on in...what works for you...what does't? Any exercise program or facility that you like best? Anyone comfortable posting their before pics? I would - if others would like to (remember I put BACK on 20 of the 45 I lost last year). No pressure believe me!!!
I've already mentioned CURVES is my bestest buddy - I figured "only 30 min's" THAT I can do. So that's my first goal - to get my behind back up there at least 3x/week.
For me a healthy life style is simple - it's just staying with it: Increased water, fiber, protein, & exercise. Decreased fat, sugar and carbs (within reason)
I'm big on quotes...this is the one on my desk now (not sure who to give the credit to for it though):
First we create our habits - then our habits create us!!
So who's in?

This thread has 234 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!