Coleus Chit-Chat II

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Con't from http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/606755/#new

Good Wednesday afternoon everyone!!!

Let's continue the saga of Sidney's 'Weiped' naked lady over here. That other thread is getting sooooooo long!

Thumbnail by Brinda
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Okay Ms Brinda I need a name on that one!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

That's "necked". Brinda....Dave will have a fit....

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Yeh, I have that one....what do I have?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

huh?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

OoooooooooOooooooooBaby, you have 'Dipt in Wine'

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I can't say 'naked' here? Who says? I didn't know that??? At all!!!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hey you guys....be nice to me and come over here and chat!

My head is going to spin off my body if I have to click on anymore threads! LOLOL And I want to type neked too!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Well darn....here I sit for two minutes and everyone left me! Waaaaa!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Brinda, who?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL...as I was sitting here (all alone) waiting for someone to visit me...I had a great idea! LOL I thought....Oh how cool it would be for everyone to have a party line...or a conference call at 5:00 CST! LOL Can you just imagine all the screaming colues people>???? What a hoot that would be! LOL

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Yeh, we would all be screaming, and since you mentioned it, you probably would be at the top of the decibel point.

There is chat room.....

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Brinda,
We're in the room with the new newbie, Sticks and Stones. On the other thread. Come on over!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Tonight?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

On my way.....is it chat or not?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Well....I don't see chat anywhere!!!! Where girls, pray tell are you? I need someone to draw me a map! LOL

This is Dipt n Wine

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hmmm...I wish I could type what I'm thinking! LOL I didn't have a third, but looking at that....I sure feel like I had a case! LOL

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Sugar,
Please be careful. I agree w/ all the other info & advice others have said. I don't know about in FL but in my state we can get restraining orders against someone and they can't come near us or our property. Maybe you could consider doing that. Just don't overlook something or brush it off as nothing.

This whole deal w/ the necked girl is too bizarre. If he's actually behind it and is willing to pull off a scheme like that...and find a person willing to do that...then you need to protect yourself and property and not second guess it.

Don't brush it off, don't second guess it....do what you have to do to get rid of this guy once and for all. And do it soon.

We had the same kind of situation when I was a kid....came home one day and our house had been robbed. They took stupid stuff, not valuables so we knew who it was. Everyone has tried to help someone out and that person turned on them...just get it over with before it gets worse. Please. "Our guy" wasn't violent.

Here is the bush that those cuttings came from. The bush was twice as tall this morning.
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wow Sidney, that hibiscus is just beautiful. I love pink and I'd think anyone would be proud to have that beauty!

I got about 10 punings and will assess which way to propigate tomorrow.
I'm thinking Bubbler. What do you think? Were your twigs rooted?
Sidney

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Sid, are you asking me about twigs being rooted? I got rooted cuttings and yes, they were in soil and had a great root system.

To me, I'm thinking that trying to root hibiscus would be difficult, but those hibiscus people say it's simple. I don't know why a bubbler wouldn't work for you. Have you asked over on the Hibiscus Forum?

Good Luck!!!

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

I"m going to ask on the Hibiscus forum and see what they say. Whoo hoo! Thanks so much!

I've just been over there snooping around. If you ask around, they want some, lol.
I have them in a medicinal bath tonight. tomorrow I'll pack and ship.

Three years ago tonight I dried my mothers legs when she got out of the shower for the last time. In the morning she was .........gone. I miss her terribly and you all would have loved her too. She was my best friend.
I know my garden would have knocked her socks off.
Thank you all for just being here. you are all very special to me.
Sidney

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Sidney, you have such good memories of your time with your mom that you realize how lucky you are to have had her.

I truly believe she sees your garden now and you can take comfort in being with her when you are working in it.

You will probably think I am crazy, but we scattered my folks ashes up on the hill overlooking my house. So, when I am outside working in my garden I talk to her because she was an outstanding gardner. She loved roses. And she would know exactly how to deal with some of the problems with my plants.

So, talk to your mom when you are out there, seek her advice on your plants, and tell her you love her.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Sidney, you are most special to all of us! We do love you so much! I hope you take time today to celebrate your Mother's life! Best-friend Moms are the greatest!

Hi sweet Jnette! I certainly don't think you're crazy! I think you're reaping a great benefit talking to her about your plants! She much be smiling at you!

Did anyone read the last 2 posts and not have tears running down their faces?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

(((My Sugar)))
Pati

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

((((sugarweed))))

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Good Morning, Is everything ready for D-Day.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Nooooooooooooooooo

(snicker)
Pati

I love ya all so much. Thanks I do talk to ner and Mama too, she being Mother's mother. They are both in awe at my garden, I can especially hear Mama exclaim over my coleus.
She had the true green thumb. I don't think she ever lost a plant.
In 1976 she took back control of her farm. I asked her how she was going to manage that. She said she would just hire Cecil Thomas to plant and plow when she needed it done. She then also added, you don't think Papa knew anything about growing do you? I always told him when to do everything. Mr Crook just didn't take care. We could have had twice the wheat he produced the last five years. I think that was the year she got "Hale Co.'s Farn Bureau "Family of the year" all by herself.
I do celebrate mother's life everyday. The main thing she, Mama, and I want to celebrate this year is the selling of her house in Charlotte!
It's raining here!!!!

Brinda, just smile and relax. We all know your place looks great. Hand MIL a schedule with her planting between 6 and 7 every morning. Tell her you didn't want her out in the heat of the day.
Sidney

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Brinda, Now is the time to stand up(come on stand up)
put your hands above your hand and reach as far as you can keep going reach,now put your arms down take a very deep breath hold it ,hold it, hold it
So how is everyone today.everything is growiing great here.
No rain in sight (boohoo)

OHH sorry brinda, release the long cleansing breathe
now think about all the new colue` you found,and repeat after me
its going to be ok, its going to ok and if all else fails I can always sneak off and visit with my Coleu` Friends

Oh, did I mention It's raining here!
Yippy!!!
;)

It's POURING here!!! It's also lightning and thundering too, but that just makes the rain more nutritious for the plants. (I read that somewhere, releases nitrogen)
Pati

Finally a dance that worked, LOL
;)

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo finally breathing out! Holy Cow...I was turning blue GG3! LOL

Oh boy....who did the rain dance? Or was it both of you? You must be getting what we had Tuesday night. We got dumped on, a little over 2 inches and it was certainly welcome. I had to run out Wednesday morning and spray with Bill's and S&G!

Ok....I'm off to work more. Today being D-day and her plane lands at 5:45. It will be here before I know it! Yikes...

Oh....and I woke up with a throbbing headache this morning! hmmmmm, good thing I didn't drink three of those babies...my head might have been gone this morning!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Brinda when I first came on here and asked you all about pinching my coleus back you asked me how big they are. I am attaching a couple of pictures. I can't imagine what is wrong with yours that they are taking so long. I planted these about 4 weeks ago.

Now are they too big to pinch?

Jeanette

Thumbnail by Jnette
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Here is another.

Thumbnail by Jnette

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.