May 31, 2006

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good morning to everyone.

It's been awhile since a journal was posted. Like everyone else, I've been really busy.. When I get in at night , lots of times I just read everyone's posts and go to bed.. Especially loving the fact that Catherine is back with us.. and that Karla, Darius and several others are feeling the excitement of new places..

The Central Missouri Roundup last weekend was a treat. Got to meet Dave719, Cuckoo4rblackberries, Tetleytuna , Ozarkian, and , of course, Leaflady ( We are old buds..) .. Hubby went with me.. and had a great time.. I tell everyone to be careful with him, cause he can talk you to death...

Came home, with lots of plant trades... Some beautiful domestic blackberries and iris to plant.. and lots of other treats. It will take me awhile to get them all in the ground. I'm glad it has rained here so I don't have to water all my new plants so much.

Came home late from work last evening to find a first here.. An old "Grandma" goat had a set of quadruplets.. Three were doing well but one is weak... I am giving her jump starts.. She hasn't grasped the concept of a bottle yet.. and that is a little frustrating.. The other three are up and active.. She is lagging, but I can tell she is ready to get going with the rest.. Mom is proud and overwhelmed.. I thought I had weaned the last bottle lamb of my season.. darn...

We moved the cattle on Monday.. Two new calves didn't want to move with the group.. The moms ate fresh pasture all day and then realized they had forgotten something. They took full advantage of the gates I held open for them. Went right back for their calves and then back to their new pasture.. I am loving the fact that my older cows know where I expect them to go.

What's going on at your place?

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!