New Bloom for me

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

Hello again everyone. I am more of a lurker than a poster but wanted to tell everyone how much I have enjoyed all of your photos. I have to tell you I just LOVE Iris's. Every year I fall in love with them all over again, but dont really have many of them. Here is one that is a new bloom for me. I dont think it bloomed for me last year. I just wanted to share with you this one. This year my husband is expanding our garden, and I am going to get alot of new ones to plant.

Thumbnail by Candy
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Just beautiful - do you (or anyone else) know the name of that Iris? I am very lucky in that when I moved into my house in Atlanta, GA in 1995, my grandmother was leaving hers. In the fall, she sent me a huge box of Iris tubers that had surrounded her garden for twenty years or more, all mixed up, and for years we had the best time every spring (Iris bloom very early here, and are all gone now) enjoying the surprises that bloomed! My very favorite is the one you have pictured... and I only have one tuber/plant of that variety, unlike the other colors that I have multiples of. Anyone know what the trade name of that Iris is? THANKS!

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

I am sorry, I have no idea what the name of this is. But, from the sounds of this group, someone will know. I will keep my eye out for you, and if I find one anywhere, I will be sure to let you know. Good luck on your search.
Candy

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

It might be JESSE'S SONG. There are a few iris with that coloring, can you get a close-up picture of the beard? Good luck with your search :-).

Sandy

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/35396/index.html

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, Sandy, THANKS! I think you're exactly right! And the 1979 date would be about right, too. Unfortunately, it will be about a year before I can take a picture since all I have currently are sad looking stalks, but I'm pretty doggone sure it's Jesse's Song (gosh, I almost wrote "Jesse's Girl" - I really am thinking late 70's/early 80's now!) :-)

Lebanon, OR

HOw's Oasis Angel from the Sandhollow iris gardens.
Super horned

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

Then there is Oasis Kelly

Lebanon, OR

then there is Oasis Dragon

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow! Those horned ones are impressive. I particularly like the hint of lavender in Kelly.

susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.