Container gardening in Richmond, TX

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I found this thing at an Ace hardware. Cost me almost nothing because a pot was missing but I replaced it for less than $1.

Thumbnail by vossner

I bought this thing last year. It was meant to be a citronella candles holder, but I bought clay pots at the hobby shop and planted various C&S. Last year I had to replace a couple of pots because we had a strong wind that blew my umbrella/table over, but it only cost .30 each to replace.

Thumbnail by vossner
Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

I love to hear about deals like this - especially when they end up looking great. :)

My dad recently cobbled together a forge, and I'm thinking about trying my hand a couple of larger scale versions of the wall mounted one you show. I'd like to make 2 for the entrance of the deck.

I've also been debating doing 3 taller 'towers' and joining them at the top to create a plant holder and decorative bean trellis. I'm just worried my friends children or dogs (both groups loving to run rampant in the backyard) would blast into it at full speed. Right now, the worst they've done is to trample an azalea. :)

Congrats on the deals Vossner!

Chris

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Very creative love your ideas and can't beat the price..I like to find deals like yours..! :o)

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Vossner,

Very nice. I see your a succulent fan. Me too and we're close. Interested in trading snippings?

Kristi

Definitely yes in the future, Kristi. What I've shown here are the itty bitty pots that I get at WM, so don't have much to share yet in the way of succulents.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I have lots and they are so easy to propagate! Id' be happy to give you snippets. My flower collection is getting pretty nice now as well. And I love to share herbs.

I love container gardening, but I just don't have as many interesting ones as most of you. Here are 2 additions, my $2 mini roses, from H-E-B

This message was edited Oct 2, 2006 1:04 PM

Thumbnail by vossner

here is another display, on the other side of this enclosed area. One is crassula Flame (I think) and the other is sedum nusbamarium (sp?). I put them together because of the reddish coloring on both.

Thumbnail by vossner
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

score!

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Love the polka dots. Did you paint them?

yep. I paint all my pots creamy white to match house trim, but on these I thought I'd go WILD and paint polka dots, lol

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

I absolutely love polka dots and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the garden. I like them the way you have them. Very cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.