B4 the storm

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

this was the iris today at 6am

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

AFTER :(

Thumbnail by notmartha
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

That is so sad. It also demonstrates why I've converted a lot of my TB space over to medians. Many of the median blooms will melt in heavy rain just like the TBs do, but their shorter stalks don't collapse nearly so easily. I hate having to stake TBs to keep them out of the dirt.

Beautiful beds, BTW. How do you keep them so clean?

Laurie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hoe hoe hoe~ and till till till! :) TY

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm so sorry notmartha! That is just heart breaking. mother nature has a way sometimes of really being maddening!! Your beds look wonderful by the way. Maybe some of those are rebloomers?

Lebanon, OR

Unfornatunatally this is about what the visitors on the National Tours got to see as we had rain, big time..even us natives wanted some sun or at least a day without rain. Mon and Tues were both super days, go figure.

D

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Oh how sad....they were sure beautiful before the storm. glad you got pictures before

shirley

Yorkshire,

That must be one of the saddest sights for all iris lovers :((
Made me want to cry :(
So sorry your beautiful irises were destroyed. I remember one year when a heavy hailstorm ripped my newly opened irises to shreds so I know how horrible it feels.

Terri

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How heartbreaking! At least you got to enjoy them for a short time.

susan

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow we had a second storm and no power from 5:30pm till 1:30pm the next day! what a pain!!!!

I have a planttrade party here saturday and the gardens (sob) were so pretty and now they are broken

see the new pool cover we just put on-its ripped and has to be rehooked up!
notice the wishing well...next pic coming!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

then this! we lost some of the tin and boards on the shop roof!
across the mile a guy lost half his barn roof!!! It was horrible out here in
the land of OZ!

Thumbnail by notmartha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.