DH made me new planter

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

I was preparing for the hostas I'll get from the co-op and asked DH to make me a planter to fit in front of the heat pump, so I could easily move the hostas if it needs servicing. But I got too eager yesterday and planted it with foliage and Super-tunias, instead. I can't wait to see these petunias cascading over the corners.
Luckily, he has enough more wood to make another one for the hostas.

Thumbnail by mickgene
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I am SCARED of you! That looks great!

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

mickgene
that will be so pretty,could you tell me what kind of wood he used ,was it cedar?

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the complements. Of course, it's my new favorite grouping. :)

The wood is white oak. I was astonished that it looked so nice. I have my vegetable beds in raised planters made of rough cut white oak 4x4's and they're not least bit pretty, just functional. When I went into the shop and saw the planed planks he was putting together, I thought he was using some scrap cedar from trellises he made for me.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, Mick, your DH and you are a talented pair. On the other hand MY DH made me my rose boxes (OK, out of plywood) and finished my path (OK, concrete bricks) with a broken back. Sorry, this is totally off topic.

xxxxx, Carrie

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Wow, Carrie, what a trooper. Those boxes look terrific. (No prob being off-topic. I'm guilty of it often.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.