Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

In the Buff.

This message was edited May 29, 2006 11:27 PM

Thumbnail by boojum

another pic of Spiced Peach.

Thumbnail by boojum

A nice yellow. Too dark to check the label.

Thumbnail by boojum

Maui Moonlight.

Thumbnail by boojum

Historic white.

Thumbnail by boojum

Historic yellow.

Thumbnail by boojum

SDB Condensed Version.

Thumbnail by boojum

More to come tomorrow.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Spiced Peaches is YUMMY!!! I can see why you love it. Nice to see pics of your beardeds blooming, boojum.

Laurie

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I like 'Spiced Peach'! It does look 'yummy' as Laurie said!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i need 'spiced peach' how beautiful! since i am from ga. the peach state i will put it on my wish list.

kelly

This one will definitely convince you three.

Thumbnail by boojum

I love how these two look together. I don't like when bearded irises look like a wild hysterical circus. I like them to be lyrical. (I know I'm a snob).

Thumbnail by boojum
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Boojum,
That is a beautiful combination!
Personally I like a lot of different combinations, ( wild and bold, gentle and dreamy, darkly mysterious, weird and wonderful, etc....etc. etc.
I am always moving things around so each combination can be enjoyed for it's unique beauty rather than clashing with it's neighbors.

I do the same. Small areas of my combos, nothing that looks overwhelming. And some combos really irk me. I do have my fav color combos that I unconsciously repeat though.

Another thing-because I always live in old houses-I try to stay true to the house, not try to force things to work. I have lived in a victorian, a greek revival and now an 1850s farmhouse and barns. Those houses "tell" me what they will and won't tolerate!

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

Wow, they are all beautiful! With everyone's pictures I can plan for my dedicated garden just to Iris's. Thanks!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I guess that is what I do with my garden and my house too. My house is a ramshackle 100 year old farmhouse which tells me that it wants a cottagey garden with a lot of weeds to match the lawn! Not much chance that a manicured formal garden would work!

HA! I have this fantasy of living in a small white house when I'm very old. Because I won't be able to see, it will be overgrown and happy that I'm not trying to control it.

One last shot of this group.

Thumbnail by boojum

And a close up of Spiced Peach.

Thumbnail by boojum
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Spiced Peach is fantastic. You're starting to convince me I need more of the pale, delicate colors.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.