Wednesday, July 18

southeast, NE

Oh it was so hot out yesterday (heat index of 105). Kathy Jo - you are so right about the heat. I worry more about the heat than I do the cold. However, yesterday a.m. I looked out and noticed the remainder of our pen of fat lambs was running out the barn. I thought something was chasing them but they were just playing (goofy critters). We turned the ewes out in the sudex grass. We just open the gates and let them find it on their own. But they are such strange creatures. The first couple of times, they run out into the grass - eat a few mouths full and then run back to the barn. They usually do this several times before they get the jest of it. Dh baled prairie hay. He hired dd's boyfriend and another friend to help him. DD couldn't get off work. They picked up about 3 1/2 racks when the baler broke down. I think everyone was quietly relieved as it was so miserable out. DD's boyfriend grew up in town but he tries so hard to help with the farm work when asked. (Blessing #500 - dd has a great boyfriend). I helped judge an adjoining county's 4-H Family and Consumer Science contest. I judged the oral reasons part. Well better go - didn't get any office work done yesterday and there is a pile of very sweaty stinky hay covered laundry needing to be done. You all have a good day and stay cool! Yes, Lisa, if you have any rain to spare, please send it up here. (But not too much - please!!)

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!