Thunbergia Apricot Smoothie

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I hadn't seen this one before, I love the color.

Thumbnail by momcat
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Very pretty. I like the dark center.

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Lovely - do you grow this outdoors?

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

it's outdoors for now, but can't take cold temps. This is my first year with this plant, but I hope to overwinter it indoors.

Pewaukee, WI

I love it! The color is beautiful.

Nice leaves too, like velvet.

Joseph

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

When you being it indoors make sure you place it over something that is easy to clean. Mine dropped leaves like crazy when I moved it and kept leaving little green sticky drops on the shelf and floor. It's a beautiful plant.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful - did you grow it from seed? (Too scared to try seeds!)

I bought two orange thunbergias - my DH planted the first one in with the climbing rose! Now I have a second one on the way but I feel I should have a plan or it could suffer the same fate. The first one I ever saw (or noticed) was grown on some trellis or maybe as a standard (wow, I can't remember and it was

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Not from seed, I bought this one. I have grown the orange ones from seed, and have seeds for the white ones that I just planted. This one was on a tepee of bamboo sticks when I got it. I repotted it and have it with criss crossed 4' bamboo arches in the pot.
Deb

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Deb,

Can you please show us what your bamboo arches and thunbergia look like?

xxxxx, Carrie

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Carrie,
I was going to go out and take a picture of it showing the bamboo, but my daughter borrowed my digital camera for the weekend. This is a picture I already had showing a Morning Glory on the same type of bamboo, just so you can get an idea of what it's like.
Deb

Thumbnail by momcat
Longview, TX(Zone 8a)

I have two of these also, growing up opposite fence posts. They're climbing and blooming like crazy! Really beautiful, one of my better purchases!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Mine are growing, climbing (or crawling) but except for the one it arrived with, NO BLOOMS! What am I doing wrong?

xxxxx, Carrie

Thumbnail by carrielamont
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine's not a real prolific bloomer, usually 4 to 6 flowers at a time. This is my first experience with anthing other than the common orange ones, those bloomed non-stop!

Longview, TX(Zone 8a)

I used Superbloom on my entire flower bed and that gave me some more blooms.

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Beautiful! It looks similar to mine, which is Blushing Susie (aka African Sunset) I also have Spanish Eyes, but that one hasn't bloomed yet (I purchased those as plants). I started some Blushing Susie and Salmon Shades from seed (by Thompson & Morgan); I had no problems getting them to germinate--and if I can do it, anyone can! :-) Tamara

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm trying some kind of BLOOMBOOSTER on it.

xx, C.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.