Another ID question

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I bought 2 red irises a couple of years apart and wouldn't you know, both lost their tags. One was War Chief and the other was Red at Night. I actually thought they had both died until this year when they both bloomed. Unfortunately, I didn't think to photograph the first one, but here is the second one. I think it is War Chief. Can anyone tell for sure? It is tall and magnificent and holds up well against the strong winds we have had lately.
Betty

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is the same red but with more blooms showing. They are quite large. Does this look like War Chief or Red at Night?

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's my War Chief coupled with Flaming Star. As for RAN, I'm not familiar with it.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

This is my 'Red At Night'. I think your picture is 'War Chief'.

This message was edited May 28, 2006 10:51 PM

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks guys for your help. I guess I think my iris looks more like War Chief than Red at Night. Mine looks a little lighter in color than Elizabethtown's but the sun here at 7300 ft.is very bright and this one was a day or two old. It could have faded a little and things always look a little lighter here in the bright sun even when they aren't brighter.
I think the one I didn't send photos of is Red At Night because it is a little lighter than War Chief and has lighter standards than falls.
Thanks for your help!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.