Thumbnail by boojum
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Closeup of bloom.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's the whole plant.

Thumbnail by boojum
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for sharing this! I love the unusual ones. I like the beardeds also, but the beardless and species are beginning to be my favorites.

When I joined DG I wondered why there wasn't a beardless iris forum. I didn't realize how few of us there were. These irises are the reason I got into this garden mess in the first place. Welcome to the beardless and species passion!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

boojum, that iris is just wonderful!! Can you tell me more about what conditions it prefers? It looks to my newbie iris eye to most closely resemble a siberian - does it like those same growing conditions - moist while actively growing with less moisture in the winter? I would LOVE to see more of your beardless iris! I'm all eyes lol! I did discover Japanese and Louisiannas last year and have been feverishly preparing beds for then ever since....

Yup. Same as sib conditions. Things are heating up here, literally and figuratively but if you don't want to wait, here's a link to a thread from last year.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/511077/

This message was edited May 29, 2006 2:42 PM

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks Boojum - I will do both! Drool over the old thread and eagerly await the new pictures too! (snort - that was an "iris piggie" noise lol)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.