Perlagonium

Horsens, Denmark

My first perlagonium dronnig (queen) Ingrid
Pinkish flowers are not my favourrite, this one is not to bad though :o)
I have seem this one in many gardens here and it really brigthens the sourendings.
Hopfully in some time it will look like this
http://www.evaldshave.dk/Pelargonie%20Dronning%20Ingrid.htm
Is it a good idea to cut the flower when it is finishe blooming, so that other blooms can come?

Any other perlagoniums out there?

Thumbnail by zest
Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Zest - another plant we have in common. I love pelargoniums! This is Pelargonium 'Strawberry'.

Thumbnail by jooolster

This was a cutting from a friend. Don't know the name.

Thumbnail by jooolster

I see you're not crazy about pink. I am, however. I dislike bright orange. :-}

This is P. ionifloridum.

Thumbnail by jooolster

P. Bird Dancer

Thumbnail by jooolster

Here's a red one - P. 'Happy Thought'. I also have the pink version.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Horsens, Denmark

Hi Jools ;o))))
Well dislike and dislike, most oxalis are that colour.
Maybe I was to hasty, as long as it is flowers it`s not to bad… I think LOL. They are beautifullll, especially the ionifloridum and Bird Dancer.
How do I take care of it, do you cut the flower of when it`s drying up.
Bought another one today as well, will post a photo tomorrow, the blooms are not that pretty, but I like the leaves.

Yees, I try to deadhead the old flowers though sometimes it's impossible.

Here's another - Ainsdale Angel.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Horsens, Denmark

It looks much like a viola a very special one, like it very much.
Monica

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I have a bunch of pink and red ones (zonal) but just love the Martha Washingtons. I believe in Europe they are called Regal. I have 'Raspberry Swirl' and 'Black', (which is a very dark wine red). I also have 'Vancouver Centennial', 'Firecracker' and 'Tricolor'. I'm not fond of the orange blooms of Van. Cen or Fire. but I love the foliage. :) This is 'Raspberry Swirl' two years ago. The old plant died over the winter and now I have a bunch of little ones starting over.

Thumbnail by kooger

Kooger - that is a beauty! Here is one sort of like it in a smaller version - 'Little Rascal'.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Oh, that's a pretty one too! The hot pinks and wine reds are always my favorites. :)

Horsens, Denmark

Oh yes they are nice.
Jools and Kooger, how old are your plants, they must be some years old, looks a bit big.

Here is the other one, “incognito” there was not a name on it.
But looks as the flowers are redish/purple like. Will post a photo when they are open. Like the leaves :o))

Thumbnail by zest
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I believe my plant was two years old (second summer, purchased as a Mother's Day gift for myself lol), when that picture was taken. It was even larger last summer but I put it in a different spot over the winter and it didn't get watered enough. I saved cuttings from the ends and now have about 6 small plants growing.

It's hard to say how old these are. I buy them all the time. And this is southern California so things grow quickly. Here is another - Bouquet Center. I think I killed it this year. Too much rain & cold weather. :-{

Thumbnail by jooolster
Horsens, Denmark

Kooger Then it seems as they grow quickly, good thing you manage to make some cuttings ;o).
Jools, to bad you lost that beauty, hope you`ll be able to find a new one. There`s been bad weather here as well, had put the pelargonias out side in a sheltered place. But had to bring them inside. It been 48- 55F for two almost tree weeks now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.