Iris Identification

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi, I got this iris from Sutton's about 6 or 7 years ago and have long since lost the tag, it's a rebloomer and it wasn't expensive at the time. Does anyone have a guess as to who it is? Thanks in advance.

Diann

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Hmmmm, here is another one, again, from Suttons and a rebloomer.... Thanks! :)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Your first one looks like it might be either Broadway or Off Broadway. The second one looks like it might be Lilting. Of course the only way to confirm identity is to purchase the named varieties and grow them side by side with your unknowns to make living comparisons between them in your own garden.

Laurie

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ding ding ding ding!!! Yes, we have a winner! Thank you so much for id'ing them. All someone had to do was to mention the names and I'd remember them! Oh, Laurie, thank you so much!!! :) You don't know how much I appreciate it!

Diann

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

If you ever have extra broadway let me know and I will see if I can come up with something to tempt you. :)

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

So, what do I win? ;-)

Lilting is one of my very favorites. Not only is she beautiful, but she's one of only six irises that has EVER managed to rebloom in my zone 3b garden. And she didn't do it just once; she did it TWICE (different years)! I do wish she were a more vigorous increaser, though. Her clump never has more than a few rzs.

FYI, Sutton's retains records of their sales, though I don't know how far back they keep them. If you lose track of Sutton iris IDs, you can always call them and see if they can provide you with a copy of your sales receipt with all the iris names listed.

Laurie

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Makshi, remind me in about a month and I'll send you a piece or two of Off Broadway...

Laurie, tell me the ones you have and maybe I'll have some you don't, and if you want when I move things around I can send you a bit of one or two?

Diann

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Diann,

That's very sweet, but I was just kidding. I've already got more irises coming in this year than I have room for, and I'm not inclined to build another bed.

I appreciate the offer, though.

Laurie

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Laurie, okie dokie. :) I had sent an e-mail to Sutton's and asked if I sent them some pictures of the rebloomers if they could identify them, and they responded this afternoon that they would be glad to give it a shot.. This is good. :) Now all I have to do is to wait for the rest of them to start popping. :)

Thanks!

Diann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.