New Peony Blooms Today

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow Diann, that is impressive. You should post more garden-wide pictures so we can see your meadows of peonies! You have some really great varieties.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

You want something like this? :)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

or this?

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

or maybe this?

Thumbnail by Ticker
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Yeah, those are great! Your plants look awesome against your green fields and grass for a backdrop. It is getting hot here and things aren't looking as lush! I am jealous.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Actually, that main peony bed is being expanded and so it's not really pretty at the moment... Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have it cleaned up a bit... We cut down a soft maple and widened the bed by about four foot or so. I have a Royal Frost Birch to replace the maple and then I'll spread my iris and daylily about in that bed a bit more... ;)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I think it looks beatiful. Your plants complement one another really well.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a photo of that same bed from a couple years ago in July... That's the tree we took down, and there was a ratty old chicken coop that we moved last month.....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you, Steve. :) I may be at my saturation point with gardens... I probably shouldn't make very many more or things will always look ratty. I need to get the sun-gardens whipped into shape and then I have to head for the hosta beds..... There is no rest for the wicked and I must be exceptionally wicked. :) The hostas are calling...

Diann

Thumbnail by Ticker
Arlington, TX(Zone 7b)

Ticker, you're killing me! i'm drooling just looking at your garden. I got my respect.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you, Dehart. :) I've got a lot of weeding to do before I make it through all the beds...

Diann

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Yes, wide angle!
What are the blue flowers in the first wide shot?
Your beds are gorgeous!
I love the way they compliment the fence, or vice-versa.
It looks like you have a wonderful place to live!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Billy, the blue flowers are Flax. I started most of them from seed via winter sowing. They reseed like crazy. Thank you, we like it here. I did manage to get the west pasture perennial bed weeded last night. But there are 2 more sun gardens before I can get down to the hosta beds... All in due time...

Diann

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I have flax, but yours is much more filled out than mine. I planted 85' of it in the south peony bed in 2003. Half of it died out, and reseeded out of the row. I need to fix that.

Sally

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.