New Peony Blooms Today

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

These were blooming when I got home tonight. ;)

Diann

Red Charm

Thumbnail by Ticker
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oooh that's beautiful!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And Diana Parks. Can you tell I like deep red peonies?

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And Buckeye Bell is on the horizon....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Billy.. :) Soon the whites and pinks will kick in too.... :)

Diann

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Me too. I'm down to three, all from different people and all old ones. No names. My white and pinks have opened..

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Buckeye Bell this morning.... :)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Such a deep red! I love it!

Prophetstown, IL(Zone 5a)

all gorgeous~ but that buckeye belle is really something...did you find it locally or through mailorder??

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I got Buckeye Bell at a local greenhouse, but it's easy to find via the internet. I didn't pay a lot for it, maybe 10 or 15 dollars. It might be more expensive via internet, I don't know..

And really, BB is only a shade darker than the other two, it's just that BB isn't fully open yet.

Diann

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

To continue the Buckeye Bell saga.... Here it is when it's fully opened....

Diann

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here it is again...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This is Firebird..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ooops, another Buckeye Bell

This message was edited May 26, 2006 6:24 PM

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one is called Dan W.

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

These next few I really don't have any idea who they really are, but I think the first one is Festiva Maxima

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Haven't a clue as to who this is...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Don't know who this is either...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one I knew at one time, but lost it's tag.. (the other unknown ones were here when we bought this farm).

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And the last one for today is Mons. Martin Cahuzac (or at least that is who it is supposed to be). :) He's not fully opened yet.

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

If ya all are bored looking at these please let me know and I'll knock it off. But I hope you enjoyed them. :)

Diann...

This message was edited May 26, 2006 6:37 PM

Green Bay, WI(Zone 5a)

Your peonies are grogeous! Love the pics.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Beautiful peonies, Ticker.....now I am the jealous one!!!!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you Grdnlover, I still have quite a few to bloom yet. :) Usually, if all things work out well, I can have them bloom till about July 4th.

Steve, you have no reason to be jealous, you have some of the best looking peonies I've seen in a long time. :) You just get to have yours earlier, so I'm the one that gets to be jealous. :)

I need to get some of the corals. I didn't buy any peony last year, which really isn't like me, but I'll get some this year. I'm still drooling over some of Mr. Hollingsworth's peonies. I have a couple of peonies that aren't really happy where they are, so they are going to get moved this fall. I'm planning on spraying them with Messenger tomorrow to see if it helps them fight off cladosporium.

I'll try to keep posting new pictures to this thread so as to not scroll the forum too much. Please let me know if I'm boring you. Thanks.

Diann

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

No you're never boring, so keep posting....though I wish I could have peonies till July 4th!! Mine are finished about the beginning of May.

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

My first ever white piney :). We transplanted this plant last year and I thought I wouldn't get a bloom for a couple of years but here she is. I wish I could tell you the name but I lost the tag maybe one of you could help me with that. :)

Thumbnail by buckimom
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Would you remember the name if you saw it? if so, you might want to try the Heartland Peony Society's web page http://www.peonies.org/ You can search by a lot of different factors. With or without a name, it's a beauty. :)

Diann

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Went out this morning, and what follows is what is blooming today....

This is supposed to be Do Tell, but it's not a very nice bloom, this time, last year it looked more like the classic Do Tell all though a bit washed out on color.. This is it's fourth year in the ground, so maybe it's just trying to get a feel for the place. Again, it's not a very nice picture... But it was blooming...

Do Tell

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one is Silver Shell, always a nice peony. It was nice from the very first bloom. One of my favorites..

Silver Shell

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Silver Shell again, just because I like this photo...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

The next one is a dollar peony from Wally-world, it was marked "pink."

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one is Ann Cousins, not fully open. I will get a better picture of it later...

Ann Cousins

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Raspberry Sundae, a pretty peony..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a different picture of Do Tell. I thought the first one was so bad, so I went out and got one that was in more shade....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This is President Roosevelt. (Pres. Teddy, I believe is who it was named after). President Roosevelt is not doing well where he is planted and so will get moved this fall..

President Roosevelt

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

If you know your history, you'll know that President Teddy Roosevelt's favorite niece was Eleanor Roosevelt, so below is Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This next one had a label at one time, but I have no idea who it is anymore...

But I'll keep her....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This next guy does have a name, I just didn't find it. I'll look again and edit the photo when I find it. ;) Ok, went out and looked, it's Topeka Garnet. :)

This message was edited May 28, 2006 11:03 AM

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Alas, Buckeye Bell has seen better days and is now on it's way out... You can also see that we've just yesterday stripped some sod from the lawn to make this bed a bit larger so that things can breath a bit. :)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Great pictures, ticker....I didn't realize you had so many peonies! I especially like your "Raspberry Sundae"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.