Name of this Clematis, please!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Got this a couple of years ago. Obviously, it either had NO tag, or I did not save it. Last year, it just barely existed. This Spring it is blooming. It has ONE skinny stem going up my trellis and a small flush of blooms at top. Forgot to cut it back this Spring. Too busy with all the gardening stuff, you know.

It is just SO pretty!

Thanks, Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

I think this is President.
Kaleem

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm no clematis expert, but that looks like Multi-blue to me. I seem to be doomed to never have one - three times I've bought plants and three times they've been DOA.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Gumlla,

Hey, Kaleem! Haven't hear from you in a long time!! You may be right, but then I do not know WHAT this is! It is just beautiful!

Thanks for your input. I will see what others have to say.

How are you and how is your Garden growing???
How is your family? Does your son have a little sister or brother yet???? :o]

Happy Spring to you! Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

It is not President, that is a single and yours looks like a double. It looks alot like Crystal Fountain. See what you think:
http://www.gardencrossings.com/_ccLib/image/plants/DETA-419.jpg
it sure is a beauty, whatever it is!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful Clematis!

Did your camera photograph the true color of this Clematis? Sometimes certain colors can play tricks on the camera. It's a toss up between Multi Blue & Crystal Fountain. Have you had this Clematis for several years or is it recently purchased?

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

I agree with hart multi blue.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/20884/

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Multi Blue also!!! no striation in the petals! E.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

That is absolutely georgeous!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi, All,

Looks like "Multi Blue" has the concensus!

Shirley, The colors are true to the plant. I have not had any problems with distortion on my Kodak Easy-Share camera. I do know that different times of day can make some colors appear different.
As I stated in my first post at the top, I have had this ony a couple of years. I think I bought it in 2004, it did not do anything last summer, and this year, it only had ONE long, skinny sten that ghrew up the trellis. I never got around to trimming it back this Spring. I guess that may have helped.....

I have fertilized it a couple of times a year with Bulb Tone and just gave it a splash of Peters 20-20-20. I also, just now, planted a nice bushy-to-be perennial Evening Primrose in front of it to shade the roots. Is there anything else I can do to make this Vine more vigorous? Does Clematis grow from seed?????

gld--the first picture in your Hyperlink is exactly what mine looks like.

Pudgy--in your link, the spikey things in the center are all one shade of blue. Mine are multi shades--hence the name "Multi Blue"--probably.

Thanks all! Gita

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Spectacular Gita!

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

Multi-blue for sure. Gorgeous shot.

Here is closeup of the stamens on one of mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/Nyanth/Clems%202004/multibluestamens.jpg

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Gita, what model number is your Easy Share?

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yes what model number?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My Easy Share is a DX4530.

Here's a story how I got it.....
My daughter and I went camera hunting for me. She had already searched the Web for different prices and models, but most of them were $300-$400--a bit steep for me, as I was just going to use it for pleasure photos. I DO like using the extra close-up setting on all the photos I take of my flowers. It has a zoom and a digital zoom and all kinds of settings on the Menu, but I just usually use it on "auto".

Finally, we ended up at a Wallmart Surely, they would have something in my budget! Well, the camera display case was trashed and many of the spots were empty. So, we grabbed this guy and asked him if he had any good cameras for a reasonable price. He was like--"Well, I'm not sure!' Then he said, "Wait a minute! I think I saw a box under here ( a closed cabinet under the display counter), got down on his hands and knees and pulled out this Kodak box that was a complete kit--camera, dock, memory card, etc. It was $99. SOLD! It could have been last year's model or something.

So, we bought an additional 128 memory card, and a carrying case. The whole thing was under $200. I love it!

I knoww there are many fancy-schmancy cameras, but for my needs, this is just fine! It has a regular and a digital zoom and a bunch of features and settings. I just use it on "auto" and the macro-close up setting for my flowers I photograph. I hold it in my hand. NO tripods or such. I DO think it is important to "frame" your subject attractively, and if I have to move a stem here or there to make a nice grouping, I will do that. Clothpins work great to hold the stems momenterally in place.

Life is full of "serendipity"-------I believe that! Gita

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

OOOOOOOOOOOO.......MY heart is cooming out ....you have sooooo beautiful Clematis and at last you have the name.
Zulqarnain is still alone and now 2 years and 5 months old, feeling alone and want to play with other kids.
Kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Clematis 'Multi Blue' in our garden, 20 minutes ago.

Thumbnail by pirl
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I had one more bud open on this Clematis. Here's the picture taken yesterday. Don't know if I will have any more.

Shirley1---
Outside, to the naked eye, this Clematis looks a wee bit more purlpish than on the first picture I posted. May just be the sunlight....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Looks more like Crystal Fountain than Multi-blue because of the yellow center..what do you think Shirley?...Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.