Finally finished the deck....

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I have a real container fetish and too big a deck and the combo makes for a lot of planting!!! Every year I see a new pot that I just have to have lol.....heres a few pictures of my containers

Thumbnail by tigerlily123
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

heres a side shot of the deck

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

another side of the deck

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

another side...

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

this is one of my favorite palms..Phoenix roebellini

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

heres my big boy...lol..I had to go get a container big enough for this alocasia that I grew-he's in the center of the pot

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

last one... I just realized that you can't really see the close ups of each container..but you get the general idea. I love to do container gardening because each container is like a minature garden, and its a lot faster and easier to do these containers than my annual beds!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Wonderful! Where do you overwinter them?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

tigerlily your containers look great. they really add a nice charm to your beautiful deck.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks guys, I stained the deck last year that color-the kids thought I was crazy for choosing it, but there aren't a lot of choices with stain, and the color of the house stain doesn't lend itself to much, and I didn't want to do a dark color so I picked a color that I liked and held my breath that it didn't clash too much! This year it has toned down and I think it is ok-actually I never even see it anymore.
Darius-I overwinter the tropicals inside the house-I have a hallway that is really large and has two skylights so its a great place for plants. This year I may have to keep some of the plants in one of the greenhouses. I grew the flowers this spring.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

you know I didn't even notice that it was stained that color until you mentioned it. I had to go back and look. I do like that stain color, it goes well with the color of the house and as a nice backdrop for all of your containers and furniture.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

tiger - those containers look great. i have grown flowers from seeds for the first time this year. i have zinnia, marigolds, alyssum wonderland mix morning glories and petunia tidal wave. i will put the tidal wave in a hanging pot. i am going to plant several different plants into one container like you have and hope they look as good as yours.

thanks for the pictures.

When can I come and hang out? Tee he! I am coming you know! It's only a matter of time... be afraid... be very afraid.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Herbie-you couldn't pick a better plant for a hanging basket than Tidal wave-you will love it! I am sure that your containers will look great-just shove them in there-rootball to rootball-they don't mind and they will fight it out over the summer-if you can get the tall in the back, middle height in the middle and the danglies ( my stupid word) on the edges, everyone will win lol. There are so many different color combo's to work with-

Equil...what plane are you taking into RDU? I do so love a flight number when I do the airport run!! Got one to do today.

I don't know yet but I will get there!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.