Flowerbed photos 3 a continuation....................

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I am starting a new thread the other was getting to long for dial up people.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks zen...from all of us on dial-up.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

You are welcome. BTW I have DSL, but remember the dial up days.

Wall Township, NJ(Zone 7a)

Very thoughtful of you. I remember those dial-up days also.

I think I found out what my "wormy" plant is called. I did a browse in the plant files and it looks just like the picture posted of a Shrubbery Ice Plant or rushia pulvinaris. It would make sense because I bought it to plant in the front of my house which has sun ALL day long. It notes that it likes full sun and the flowers on the picture posted look exactly like the one little bloom I have going on mine.

Now I am confused. Although I am positive it is the Shrub Ice Plant one post says rushia pulvinaris and another says:
Aizoaceae Lampranthus Copiosus. Are those their botanical names?

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Another wave of color and textures has saturated the garden, some of which I was able to capture. This is morning sun through some heucheras on the right side of the path into the cottage garden.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

This is the left side of the entry to the path.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Another angle:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

The end of this path:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

The front of the cottage garden:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

This is Geranium biokovo, a real cutie!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

gemini_sage
Wow! What beautiful gardens you have. And I see there are more things in the works to bloom. The setting is just gorgeous. What is the pink feathery thing in the 3rd photo?
Sherry

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

zen,
Thank you for starting a new thread. Maybe we should post the one it's continued from for anyone interested.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/601362/

Sherry

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Sherry! The pink feathery flower is, if I remember correctly, Tiarella 'Pink Skyrocket'. It has been going strong for over a month, and the leaves are pretty all season.

Here's a view looking down into part of the cottage garden:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Another view from the main path. The morning sun gives most of my pics a filmy quality, but sometimes I like the way it gives an ethereal look.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Sherry, Thank you for posting the link back to the other one.
Gemini_sage, I love the red, not to mention the whole garden.

Pauline

p.s.

I love the color of this tulip, it is from a blend of pastels.

Thumbnail by zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

One more, a Beidermeier Columbine.

Thumbnail by zenpotter
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Pauline. The dianthus is actually more of a pinkish crimson than the pics show. I love the fruity blend of colors in that tulip, those are the colors that have been really catching my eye lately. And that columbine is so pretty, especially with the red tulips behind them.

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm so jealous! We moved into our new house last summer so everything I have pretty much has been put in this year. I just got a really pretty picture of my front beds, though...in the "golden light" of sunset.

Thumbnail by Meig
Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

Here is my brand spanking new perennial bed. I just finished it yesterday. It still needs mulch. Looks pathetic now but I can't wait to see it in a few weeks. And in a few years... :)

Thumbnail by Meig
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Meig,
Beautiful shot and beautiful house. Your gardens will just keep getting better and better. I know how hard it is to wait, but things will fill in before you know it! Don't forget to post updates.
Sherry

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

zen,
The Beidermeier Columbine is gorgeous!

gemini,
Just lovely gardens!
Sherry

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

zenpotter, that Columbine's colors are gorgeous.

Meig, what perennials did you plant in that bed. What's on the arbor. That will be lush-looking before long. :)

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

sherry,
I love watching the progression every year, problem is we keep moving so I always miss the leap year ;) This house we are staying at for a long time, though :) I will definitely post progress pics :)

mickgene,
Here's the list: boltonia, jupiter's beard, liatris, shasta daisy, catmint, coreopsis (2 kinds, a laceleaf and a grandiflora), Nanho purple petite butterfly bush, Zebra grass, and some daylilies. On the arbor are Henry Kelsey roses. I may add a clematis but the HK roses have *wicked* thorns so the thought of having to clean dead vines off after the winter is daunting. I'd like to add a Knockout rose to one side of the bed, but I am going to wait and see if I have room (I probably won't).

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Wow, Meig, that will be a lush mixture. I know exactly what you mean about the Henry Kelsey thorns. I planted a few of the Explorer series last year and I think the blade on my paring knife is smaller than those thorns. I'm just trying to keep the Clematis purpurea plena elegans vines from intertwining too much with William Baffin's thorny canes.Since they'll both become monsters way above my head, that approach will probably fail in the end. But, so far, so good. They're only at about eye level right now.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

The primarily pink section of my cottage garden is finally booming!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Seems to get more lush by the minute!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

The roses are taking over the show now.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

More!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

One final, blurry shot of the pink bed.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

gem, love your pink spring perennial border--

are your roses in part shade/part sun? and I am wondering what are your companion plants? Is that a pink campanula in the last pic?

Here is what I have going on now-- I am working on a chartreuse and purple part shade border...needs some tweaking but it's coming along...at least the hosta seems to like it!

Thumbnail by tabasco

from the other direction...a baby clematis and one of my new siberian iris from Ensata Gardens

Thumbnail by tabasco
Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

gemini_sage, which rose is that? All those pinks are so soft and lovely. I always seem to pick the screamers.

tabasco, the large variegated hosta looks great with the liriope. Which one is the hosta, and does that liriope become invasive? Your scene looks so serene with the blues you've chosen.

The variegated liriope gets rather large, but then I divide and give away. It's a nice E-Z maintenance plant for part shade/shade/or sun.

I have just started pairing liriope with different hostas. I am not sure of the one pictured--I can't believe I lost the name--it's one of my favorites.

somewhere, PA

Cool thread! Can I get in here too? Here's my pink bed (the soapwort are self seeded).
May 7 with the last of the angelique & may wonder tulips & blue dutch iris.

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

And just a couple weeks later (May 27) the bulbs are over & the penstemon and
carnations are coming on ...

Thumbnail by Tammy
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Tammy,
Pretty. And that hand is so cool!
Sherry

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

gemini_sage,
Lovely gardens. Are those knockout roses? I've planted some knockouts last fall.

tabasco,
Beautiful relaxing colors. And beatiful lush grass too.

Sherry

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Great photos everyone! Tammy, I love your soapwort! I did not know it self seeded. Too bad I just trimmed my back this AM. Maybe it will bloom again and I can let some of it go to seed. Nice green house too.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.