Thumbnails In The Journals! Awesome! Thank You!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Just saw the thumbnails in my journal and wanted to say,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, DAVE!

I love it! Now I can see in a snap which plant is which. And now I can take my dopey color descriptions out of the Species column : )
As soon as time allows I'm going to add photos for all of my plants so I'll have more thumbs.

Hooray!

Oh, and BTW, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I really love the journal feature. I started it as an experiment. Now I use it almost daily and don't know how I ever kept track of things in the garden without it.

Sheryl

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Ditto!!

You're welcome, and thank palmbob for suggesting it (and reminding me again!)

best,
dave

Hip -hip-hooray for dave & palmbob! and a woohoo too!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

palmbob, THANK YOU! I think yours was the best suggestion of them all!!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes...ditto all said above. I can't believe Everyone doesn't just Join DG and use this feature..it alone is worth the small/fair price you charge a year's membership!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I'll second that!

I use mine to keep track of what I have and what's on order, when things bloom, where they are located, what they look like (made easier by the new thumbnails!), what lived, what died, and on and on... I'm sure there are many more uses I haven't dreamed up yet.

Before I started using the journal, I used to forget what was on order and/or what was planted but just not blooming yet, so I'd reorder things. (I have Gamecock Irises popping up all over the place - only wanted one.)

Still loving those thumbnails!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I love the thumbnails! Makes it a little slower loading with my 'out in the country' dial-up but it's waaaay worth it. The DG journal has kept my plants in order for years now and every spring I find things that have lost tags over the winter but I go to my DG journal and find what it is. So it helps me keep track of the species/cultivars of my plants which in turn helps me trade my plants which in turn has increased my garden and gardening friends immensely! Thanks DG! You make my gardening life a much better place.

Lana

london, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

A bit repetitive, but I would also like to say thanks for adding the thumbnails to the Journal! What a great idea!

I've found the Journal to be an invaluable way of keeping track of what's growing where, and it's now even more of a pleasure to work with, with the "up-front thumbnails".

So - next request: can you get the Journal to water my plants and do a bit of weeding?

Mike

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Good IDEA, especially the weeding!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm loving this change! Thank you Dave and Palmbob!

I'm okay on the weeding and watering but I'd love a feature that shoos away the rabbits, ground squirrels, mice, and javelina who feast on my plants. You'll work on that for me, right?

Big pats to your backs,
Jen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I just posted the wrong picture of a plant in my journal (how embarrassing) , how do I delete the picture or replace it with the correct one? Patti

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Hi Patti,

Oops! It happens.

Lets assume that you are on the page in your journal with the following coloums: RID,Common name, Cultivar...Actions. You should see the (incorrect) thumbnail on the far left with the name of the plant in the column beside it. In the Actions column on the far right choose "View". When you scroll down you should see an entry with the thumbnail along with any notes you may have written with that entry.

To change the photo, you will have to delete the entry and make a new one. If you have typed any notes into the entry you can use Windows cut & paste (right mouse click) to grab them from this entry and paste them into the new one.

Let me know if I can make my instructions any more confusing. ; )

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Scutier, I did as you said and went to view, I then noticed that I could "clone" and then it asked if I wished to include the pic. I said no and created a clone without photo and then deleted the one with the wrong photo. Thanks for heading me off in the right direction. I have found another errant photo since the first. I should put on my glasses. Patti

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Hi Patti,

I hadn't thought of "clone". Good idea! Thank You!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images