Neil Mogensen

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness that I inform you all of the passing of my friend, Neil Mogensen. Neil participated on this forum over the last year or two, though his participation was necessarily sporadic due to his ongoing and severe medical issues. Neil was a brilliant man with a phenomenal passion for, experience with, and knowledge of irises which he shared without reservation with all who had the great honor to know him, be it in "real" life or through our cyberspace connections.

The world, and in particular the iris world, has lost a great man.

Rest in peace, Neil.

Laurie

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

How sad. I remember Neil here in the iris forum. He'll be missed.

Dauphin, PA

Oh, gee. I've just been lurking here but I've had a deep respect for Neil's work and I've always enjoyed his posts. I'm glad you told us, Laurie.

katie

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like he will be missed around here.

Sandy

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Thank you Laurie. I was trying to think what to say. He will be truly missed by the iris community round the world.

inanda

Yorkshire,

I'm dreadfully sorry to hear this. The iris world has lost a treasure and he is going to be missed terribly.

Terri

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm so sorry. I knew that he had been missing recently and wondered. His love of iris was so catching.

Doss

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

A memorial thread for Neil has been started in the Memory Garden forum. Please take a moment to visit the thread and leave your thoughts there. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/606302/

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, I'm sorry for your friends loss he sounded like a very special man ..Sharon

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

How very sad. I always enjoyed Neil's posts. He will truly be missed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.