A mess or what????? What does yours look like???

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

This is what my Greenhouse looks like right now. As soon as I get everything out of it and planted I will have to spend some time in cleaning it up.

I dare you to take a picture of yours and post it for us.

I can remember when mine was so new and CLEAN.

No I double dare you!!!!!!!!

Linda

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Your greenhouse isn't messy, it's well-loved!! :-)

Mine is new...give it time to get messy. Photo is here:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2270982

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

You're way ahead of me, Linda. Maybe you need to fill it up again...lol! My greenhouse is still full. Luv yours, tiffanya!!
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Tiffanya, I noticed you have the same Black & Decker heater that I have. It worked great this past winter. I have seen your GH and it is super. You will really enjoy it this winter. Going out and seeing your summer flowers still blooming with snow on the ground. It is such a morale booster. Let me tell you.

Perennialgirl I am just getting it unloaded for the summer. Can't wait to have everything outside in the fresh air and sharing all my babies with the wild life. Your picture does remind me of mine, about a month ago.

I just need some organization.

Linda

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh yes, that Black & Decker heater is great! Oh, I sure am hoping for that morale booster. I seriously get the winter blues with all the gray-wet weather here in the NW.

somewhere, PA

Here's mine filling up in April. I'll have to get a few new shots to show you the
chaos now. It was filled to the brim & circulation so poor I had to start moving
plants outside. Now I've got a bazillion pots to wash and stack for next year
plus still have baskets & containers to plant. Just SOoo much to do this time
of year.

My greenhouse typically stays pretty messy until late fall when I want to spent
lots of time in there as the days get shorter & colder & I need the smell of
dirt & green. Its too hot to bother with in the summer.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Tam it sure doesn't look messy to me! Show us a picture of the outside to, please and more of the inside.

somewhere, PA

I took pictures today and will download and post. Hopefully tomorrow.

(Actually, its not that bad IN the greenhouse. But I've got pots of plants
in various places OUTSIDE the greenhouse. Places they shouldn't be,
either waiting for me to plant the plants or to wash the pot. I recycle.)

Tam

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Well where is the corn LOL

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

inside table

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

a carryover from last year

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

sometimes there is not a free space to step lol pots,trays,potting soil,fertilizer ,hoses and on and on even Mary the gh cat gets squeezed before it starts to get better. Ernie

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

support stuff

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

the devils corner

BTW Black Gold potting soil is in my opinion not the kind to use.

This message was edited May 28, 2006 9:30 PM

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

so you see yours is not a mess compared to this mess. Ernie

This message was edited May 28, 2006 9:33 PM

Thumbnail by eweed
Fulton, MO

"Support stuff," I like that! Here is the support stuff end of my GH

Thumbnail by stressbaby
somewhere, PA

OK - I got some current shots of my mess. Anyone wanna come help me clean up?

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

And another spot...

Thumbnail by Tammy
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

My greenhouse is empty.. I don't think my one empty flat and a couple pots will merit a picture.. just wait til next year!!!!!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

ok guys...looking at your greenhouses....they are great....but i have a question....why are plants in your greenhouse??...is it still too cold in your area?? are these cuttings??(in some instances)...if i get a greenhouse can i put all my outdoor plants in it all winter.....only to pull them out next spring and have instant stock?? i am just wondering why we have greenhouses unless it is for plant preservation and plant incubation??

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh My god.....here I thought I was the only one who had a messy greenhouse.....All my stuff is outside now....but I really need to get organized inside....I am ashamed to say, I keep putting it off cause its always so darn hot in there....even though the exhaust fan is going all the time.

I will post 4 or 5 pictures of my pig pen.....

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is 2nd picture

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Third picture

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

another picture....and it just as messy on that end as the other

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Last picture

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Channing, MI(Zone 3a)

in another week when the last frost date, June 10, passes, my greenhouse will be empty of plants. All the garden tools, the weed whacker, tiller, and buckets of soil, sand, fertilizers will still be there along with plant foods for fruit trees, vegetables, root crops and bulbs as well as all kinds of planters large and small, seed files and files of instructions, hints, notes, calendars and insect control tools/supplies.
Will I clean it out?
Probably not till early September when it's time to reorganize and get ready for the winter dwellers to come back in from the garden and the decks.
I use my greenhouse to winter over tender perennials and herbs, to supply us with lettuce, parsley, onions, dandelion and healthful herbs during winter and early spring, and to start seeds for the garden like rutabagas, tomatoes and cucumbers whose growing season is longer than ours. Our first frost date is September 27. I'll get to it then!
Right now I can still get in and water the seedlings and find the tools: that's what counts!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I like everyone's mess! It means that you were all productive!! Yu'all just make me jealous having a real greenhouse....lol!!

fiorenza, where are the pictures of your greenhouse??? Come on now....show us, please!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.