now that the roundup is over...

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I can concentrate on taking pictures for the new program my DH and I have to present next month to a garden group. We presented one last year to this same group so I do want to show different flowers/beds. Here are some non-daylily shots ( I will put them on the daylily forum and I will soon be adding to my garden diary): Here is the entrance to my cottage garden.

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

a group of amaryllis

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

one bed of gloriosa lilies

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

coneflowers are beginning to fill out

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

my foxgloves are almost through blooming but I have enjoyed them. I hope to have more next year as I see quite a few seedlings now.

Thumbnail by corgimom
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

poppies and Sunrise coneflower

Thumbnail by corgimom
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Hi Libby. Nice pics! My coneflowers are just coming into bud. I look forward to seeing them.

Your cottage garden is something to drool over!

Pat

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Hi Pat !!! Well, it was looking great about a week ago and yesterday I was out there and lordy at the weeds coming up in it ! Now how did they take over so quickly? At least they aren't the kind I am fighting in my other sections of the yard. It will just take a few days of work to get it back into shape after I get back on Saturday. Then why don't you just run on down and see my weeds for yourself? I have daylily seedlings blooming. My DH says he is going to Roundup all of them! HELP!!! I will at least rescue 7 or 8 and put somewhere to say, "these are my babies!"

Libby, tell him not to Round Up them because you have to send some to me!

You live about three hours from me; sometimes I go to Jackson, from time to time. Next time, I'll get in touch with you...

Rienzi, MS(Zone 7a)

Libby, your garden is absolutely beautiful. I hope your hubby doesn't round-up too much or we might just have to "round him up"..lol

Seriously, I can see that you spend a lot of time planning and taking care of your "babies".

Linda

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

He does love that Roundup (maybe that is why he came to the DG Roundup - maybe he thought it had something to do with the spray !LOL) Don't tell anyone at his work,though (he works for the Dept. Of Environmental Quality !!!!!!!!!!!)

Libby

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

Libby..

All of the pics show a beautiful garden. I just love the entrance to that garden.

Tell DH not to Roundup too much...We'll come help you out by taking some away.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Dee :)

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

My place is in full bloom right now. Just about as good as it is going to get ! Weeds will get taller, sun will get hotter, and I will get lazier !

For those of you that met me at the Roundup in Tupelo and knew I was going on the trip to Georgia to see a daylily garden - well I have posted those pictures in the daylily forum. Take a "look-see" as my grandmother would say!

Libby

Libby, Jill and I are going to Delta Daylilly Farms in Marks MS on Saturday to check all the lovely blooms out... I hope I'm not carried away and come home with a trunk-full! :)

I'm glad you had a good trip to GA. I look forward to the pictures.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Well, bet you do come home with "some", though. Our daylily club went about 3 years ago and I haven't been back to see what all he has new. Can't wait to hear! Say, are you gonna take photos?

Probably not...

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

FlowrLady - Well did you buy any???

corgimom - Any new pictures to share??

Judy

Hi Judy. They are all unnamed. He has them row after row. We just walked down the rows and dug up what we wanted. I tried not to bring much home... We dug up one clump of yellow with frilly edges that had nine fans in it -- for $5.00. I got mostly pink and plum and apricot, etc.

They are all planted now, so I have to wait for next year to see how lovely they will be in MY yard!

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

judy, I put all my daylily pics on the daylily forum, but I will start a new thread here and put some new stuff on it,too. Just didn't want to wear you guys out looking at my pictures.

Also our daylily club went on a mini trip (got there and back in one day) so I will include some photos from those yards.

Libby

Libby, thanks! I love looking at your "babies" ...they are so beautiful :)

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Hopefully your beautiful pictures will attract the attention of "Members" and we can enjoy their company at the Tupelo MS Fall RoundUp. Maybe by Fall I will be caught up with my "life" and will be able to visit longer with everyone.

Judy

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

Libby..

I don't think we could ever be worn out looking at all your babies.

They are sooo gorgeous.

Dee

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Flowerlady, not offense but you were warned by corgimom

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

Judy

Judy, Judy, Judy!

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

: - (

Libby

yesterday I gave my daylily program to a group - it was supposed to last less than one hour and when I finished I found out it was over 2 hours !!! Neither David nor I wore a watch and no one said a word and told me to shut up and stop showing pictures!

I'm sure it was great! You'll have to plan to do it for us, either this fall, or next spring :) You decide which will be best ...

You WILL do it for us, right?

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I would but David and I don't own our own digital projector or screen. We have to use one where we give the program and they don't loan it out. He has a laptop but that is all. Sure wish we could afford our own equipment so we could give the program whenever we wanted !!! sigh

Libby

I work in a training department, so this might be something I could help with, if you think you might really do it for us. We don't have to make a decision today!! :)

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Ok folks, I didn't want to take up a long thread by re-posting my daylily pictures, so I put a new section in my garden diary I named "Daylilies May and June 2006" -- so you brave soles that have a lot of time to waste ( yeah, right ) just click on my name and go to my garden diary.

I will be adding a "few" more and also some more shots of the gardens, but my fingers are worn out now ! Ok,Judy, lets hear those comments !!! LOL !

Libby

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

We would be glad to - IF folks are interested, but I just posted most of the pictures on my garden diary so they might not want to see them again. You can wait till closer to the time of the meet and ask. It won't hurt my feelings if folks say NO WAY !!!!!! LOL.

Good! And I doubt that anyone will say no! The pictures projected onto a screen or wall will be lovely, and won't look like the small ones we have to deal with "on-line".

Ripley, MS

Libby, I just finished looking at your new entries in your garden diary and they are so pretty, I think you do a great job with the camera, even if you do think David does Better--lol--I need to try to make mine but there is always something else to do somewhere when the plants are blooming. I really enjoyed looking at yours, thanks for sharing.
Sandra

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

thanks,Sandra ! as you can tell I truly get pleasure out of taking pictures of them. I think it helps me forget my physical problems when I get so wrapped up in trying to get that "just right" picture .

Libby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.