Whoop - dee - doo!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm so excited! I now have a sweet potting shed to hold all my stuff - I've been accumulating more and more tools and other gardening needs and they have spilled into the carport, the front stoop, the house foyer, and my daughter's apartment - you know how that is? Well, see the potting shed that was built in just three days -

It is nestled under the trees behind the house, and I can't wait to paint it white with brown trim to match the house. My DG loves to do shelves and is looking forward to putting lots of them in the interior.

It's 12' X 16' and should hold everything very nicely - ah - heaven.

Picture one is the site work -

Dax

Thumbnail by dax080

And here is the finished product!

Isn't it cute?

Thumbnail by dax080
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

That's gorgeous! So substantial. I like your paths, too! Everything's beautiful.

I'd love to get rid of my aluminum shed and replace it with something more permanent.

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Very charming little shed! Happy new space!

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Beautiful Dax! Is this the work of your handy brothers?

Prophetstown, IL(Zone 5a)

very cute - looks well built too. And that mulch pile - I need to find someone to deliver some out here - those bags are hard on the back, lol

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

So nice. Oh to have the room.

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Did someone say mulch pile? This is what I'm dealing with right now... (the shed is my garden shed, new to me this spring. It used to be the storage shed for off season pool stuff.

Thumbnail by sstateham

Ooo - cool! Thanks loads for the OOOs - who would have thought I'd get more pleasure from a handy dandy shed than any jewelry ever made. And mulch, that's both a neat shed and a nice pile to work with. Nah - my brothers didn't help with this one - I figure I can only ask for that big a favor about once every 5 years - but it's another small family business - Terry's Portable Buildings, and it is VERY well made (at least that's what my DH says). Although now I think I'm just going to stain it instead of paint it. I think that will make it blend in better with the landscape, tucked under the trees. You know, not stand out like a big white box -
anybody got any ideas? I don't want to call alot of attention to it - Dax

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Dax - That's exactly why we paintined ours dark green - it disappears into the background. The back garage got the same color. Ignore the dog needing to poop sniffing around the pile.

It looks like it's very well built.

Yep - thanks sstateham - that's the advice I'm getting around here too. Glad I didn't get too ahead of myself and start right off painting. And thanks for the pic, that really started making me think about how mine would stand out too much -- UGH!! Dax

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

dax,

Nice shed,,,will be perfect for your potting/tool needs. How fun.

Stacy,
Oh, my,,,I don't envy you having to dig and spread that whole mulch pile,,,,whew

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Two very nice sheds!

Dax, your's looks like it's always been there. The builder didn't trample much did he? I too would stain and let it blend in. Enjoy!

Nope - he and his wife brought in the walls already made, windows, etc. They really knew what they were doing. My DH made more of a mess as he took pictures of them and got in their way! Dax

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

dax,

LOL,,,,DH shall be banned,,,,except for on the paths from now on ;o}

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

We ran to my Daughter's today and saw a bluebird. I thought of you Dax and wondered if you had any nest yet? I had Mr. and Mrs. grosbeak for about a week eating sunflower seeds. They must have moved on. I finally got another shephards hook, a cheap plastic plate with a red flower on it, a plant hanger and Walmart jelly for the oriole. Didn't take him long to find it.

And I am MULCHING!!! No more chickweed!!! I hope.

Cool - no, I didn't get it together to redo the bluebird house this year - just got sidetracked. But, I did get the Baltimore Oriole feeder done, and have it on a shepherd's hook with a hummingbird feeder. And I got both of them!! A pair of orioles empty the grape jam and oranges about every two days, and I have also seen cardinals and even a blue jay on the feeder. I finally got a nice pic of the cardinal today, but the orioles are very shy and I haven't caught a pic of them yet. And just today, I saw a hummingbird just resting on the perch at the feeder and eating away. I'm so happy since I've never seen orioles around the place before, and I never saw any hummingbirds until late August or September. So I must be doing something right! I'll redo the bluebird set-up next year for sure. Thanks for asking- Did you have a soaking rain all day today? We did over here, and I expect everything to take a growth jump in the next couple of days - Becki

Thumbnail by dax080
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

We got maybe a 1/10th of an inch. I ran around fertilizing and spreading granules in anticipation of the storms we were to get. And we got nothing!
DD lives outside of Moscow, Ia and she's had bluebirds, orioles, grosbeaks, hummingbirds and indigo buntings. They are just starting to put in trees and evergreens, since they built in the middle of a field. They have a lot of trees, but none around the house. As soon as they planted their first trees, they had birds perch in them. If you plant it they will come!

My iris are huge this year thanks to the timely spring rains.

This message was edited May 25, 2006 10:04 PM

Ah - too bad, BillyPorter, but even that much rain should work some miracles - Afraid I don't know DD - ?? Dax

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful little garden shed. I am soooooo jealous. I have one small little corner of the garage. Enjoy!! And yes, I think you should stain.

I know what you mean - just a corner of the carport was supposed to be mine until I started spilling over into any spare space I could find - it worked!! And stain it will be - the overwhelming winner in the vote - Dax

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

OK Dax you got all the pats on the back now comes the tough stuff. How can you justify a porch on a garden shed. I would have it stuffed with the tools I was using today and not where they belong in the shed. Also I hope your shed is fairly empty cause when I built mine it go full of every kind of garden device there is and I am hanging ariators, hoses, small gas devices, and other deadly items that I hope never fall. Now to plan my next Garden tool barn. Hee Hee.

Ah - You got me!! Couldn't resist a fast forward in time to when I MIGHT have a little girl grandchild - I could just imagine her playing house in a section that I will set-up during those "wonder" years just for her (them). And being the planner that I am, there is another 10 feet behind the building that gives me expansion room - knowing me from other threads, as you can imagine, I have big plans for the future - Dax (Becki)

Brenna & Tod aren't even married yet Becky. Are you sure you want to wish a daughter on them yet? :)

Saw Becky's new shed when we dropped off her "cement loot" on Saturday. I bet she goes back for statues next time with a truck. i could just see her mind calculating load bearing weights as she totaled up her garden "wants"...

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

A daughter is always something you can wish on anyone wanting children. Now a Son thats another thing. I miss playing with my daughter in her dream lands. Good luck Dax. Remember to encourage those X chromosomes to get both legs kicking to reach that target up river. LOL

Ah - one can dream - in fact, I talked with my daughter today and she informed me - (she and her fiance will marry in May, 2007) - that no grandchildren until at least another six years - and as organized as she is, I don't doubt that's true - oh well, that means by the time the little porch becomes the entry to a playhouse, I will have added at least an other 10 feet to the shed. Whoopee!! No problem for me - all the more time to make a dragon woodland garden out back for them - Cause Wanda's got it right - I was busy planning while we were looking at those fantastic statues - Dax

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Dax, I'm finally catching up. DD is daughter. Mine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.