My Iris

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Finally, it's Iris time in Western New York. My first ones are beauties. I was lucky to get these today, as it's quite windy here.

Please feel welcomed to post pictures of your own irises here, too.

Thumbnail by nap
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

One more.

Thumbnail by nap
(Zone 6a)

Nap - Very nice Iris. Do you have the name of the first one? It's looks just like my unknown.

Steve

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, I see a resemblence. But sorry, no. I got it from my cousin's garden, and she got it from her Mom's garden. The original was planted at my aunt's cottage on the Niagara River in the town of Wheatfield, if you're familiar with the area, many decades ago.

That's a very nice photo of your iris, though. Love the water droplets.

It's a little hard to tell if this iris if from your garden or mine.....

Thumbnail by nap
Newfoundland, NJ

Nap:
Both your pictures look like types of I germanica. Are these early iris a bit shorter than TB's? Both traits of I germanica.
Laetitia

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Laetitia, thank you so much for your interest! Because I don't know anything about irises, except that they are beautiful.

I just went out to measure my irises (in the dark) and they stand exactly 18 " tall. I have some in the ground and some in a pot and they're all the identical size. Mine have been gone for about a week already.

(Zone 6a)

Mine are just finishing up now. They might be done, I didn't check today. I will try to measure mine tomorrow, but 18"ish sounds about right.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's one more iris of mine.

Thumbnail by nap
(Zone 6a)

Oh, very nice! I like the frame and blur you did on it.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I thank you . Maybe you'll like this one then.

Thumbnail by nap
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Great photos and beautiful flowers . . . you're making my paint brushes frisky . . . lol

(Zone 6a)

LOVE IT TOO!!!!

Steve

ps, sorry I took so long to reply.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.