Help me ID?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's 3 pictures that I have mismarked in my garden. I'm hoping someone here can help me ID! Thanks so much.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I compared #2 with Chinese New Year, would someone mind taking a look at it and see what you think? I know I can count on you all.

Shawnee Mission, KS

Chinese New Year has a red beard...I agree with your assessment, but question the beard color....since your pic. looks more orange. I have Chinese New year, also.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you, there is just a slight difference between the beards on this one and Chinese New Year...close though. IDing can be sooooooo hard!

Yorkshire,

Could #2 possibly be 'Naples' Weegy?

Terri

Yorkshire,

#1 looks like 'Magical Encounter' but it could also be 'Beverly Sills' (does that ring a bell?)

Terri

Yorkshire,

The closest I can get to #3 is 'Owyhee Desert' but I think I might be way off the mark with this one. 'Owyhee' (I believe) has a much paler edging to the falls. However, the picture I am looking at could be of 'Owyhee' when it's a few days old and faded, your's could be of 'Owyhee' when it's newly opened.(Does that make sense?)
Sorry if I'm wrong, this is a bit 'telling Grandma how to suck eggs', hahaha.

Terri

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks Terri, it is very possible it's Owyhee Desert, I have it in the garden. And yes, it could be Beverly Sills...will check them out a little deeper. Are yours blooming there from California Terri! Would love pictures! Love to you my friend.

Yorkshire,

Here's 'Mulled Wine', Weegy!

Yorkshire,

...Of course, it always helps when you attach the pictures, LOL
Trying again...

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

It's invisible!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL! Is that from me? It's gorgeous!

This message was edited May 21, 2006 12:37 PM

Yorkshire,

''Blue Cheer' just put in an appearance today and I fell very much in love with this one.

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

This is 'Cruise Control', another one that we all love.

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

This one has become a firm favourite with everyone at work....'Lemon Fever'.
The lemon colour is MUCH nicer in real life than it is in my photograph.

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Yorkshire,

Yes Weegy, all of these were from you...last but not least is 'Ada Marie' which was one of your bonus irises and has had us all 'Oooh-ing and Aaaah-ing'
More of them are coming into bud just now but some of them won't bloom this year because our Winter was just too long for them to settle in properly. I'll show you more as they bloom.

Terri

Thumbnail by Terri1948
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yea, Terri, they look great. I'm so glad they're doing good for you. Thanks for sharing pictures. I'm really excited for you!
Hugs, Louise

Shawnee Mission, KS

I just looked at my Chinese New Year pics and the beard coloration looks like yours...classified "red" but orange in real life. Pretty sure you have C.N.Y.

Thumbnail by jdhutch55
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I think I have to agree, thanks.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I like the pic of #2 better than the one of Chinese New Year - slightly diff coloration, but you know how there can be a difference in color for various reasons. One thing I have been noticing is the inside three whatchacallits inside the standards are colored and patterned in distinctive ways also. Could be used to id a questioned one. Also the buds and the whole appearance of the bunch. Just things I have been noticing in my own fledgeling attempts to id my unknowns.
Sharon

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Louise,
I don't any of their names but they are pretty. I got Beverly Sills and Owyhee Desert from you so maybe that will help a little.
I was taking pics of all my Iris that I got from you and my pc clunked out last week. I am having it worked on and hoping he will save my pictures. This thing I am on now has a mind of it's own. But it is better that nothing.
Winnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.