Tell me about 'Forever & Ever'

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Does it bloom on new growth?
Does it do well in Z5?

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

CR I just bought one too.....don't know a thing about it tho!

Upper Saint Clair, PA(Zone 6a)

I planted two last year in a very protected site. I planted them early and kept deadheading them throughout the summer. They kept blooming on the new growth, so I'm assuming they will do so again this year. They did not get to be more than a foot high though. I'm protecting them from any frost since the new leaves have reached about 5-6 inches.

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

This link sure makes them sound good:
http://www.carrollgardens.com/eNewsletter/2005/07/050728-lib.asp

The only place that I have seen these for sale is at Lowes. I would be interested to hear more real world stories. 'Endless Summer' seems to get more consistent good marks than the other "rebloomers".

- Brent

I got Endless Summer last year.
It bloomed non stop all summer but it never grew probably because of all that blooming.

Brent I think I'm headed straight to Lowed tomorrow to get F&E!
Thanks much for the link!

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I bought a couple ever blooming hydrangeas from Lowes last spring and was really pleased with them. Does anyone know what the difference is in the few "ever blooming' names out there? I've seen Forever and Ever, All Summer Beauty and another one that is escaping my mind right now.

Endless Summer

Grand Rapids, MI

The Forever and Evers are great Hydrangeas, and like has been already said do bloom on new and old wood.

The Barry Family Nurseries has the rights to the Forever and Evers and has come out with new Forever and Evers over the past couple of years. I'm hoping they have something new and exciting again for 2007!

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

All of those being discussed are remontants (bloom on old and new wood, hence called "rebloomers") patented by different growers. If there is a difference, it probably wouldn't be noticed by hobby gardeners like most of us. The color of the blooms is related to soil type, so that doesn't come in to play. There may be dwarf varieties out there now that I'm not familiar with. Lowes sells Endless Summer in my area.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

I bought FE&E Radiant Red late last summer, this year will be its test.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.