Hard Rock doing Well!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

For those of you wondering how my precious baby bantam is doing well he couldnt be better! After coming into the world ,hatched by an adptive Barred Rock Mama , then His only sibling was snatched by a jealous Astrolorpe and Killed,he has had to fight for himself everyday!! He worked out a plan with his Mama that Has certainly done the trick in keeping him safe!! As you can see (if you look hard enough) he is happy, warm and well!!
....And to think I was going to get rid of this Mama! You can guess who's staying now!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh the roo and little hen next to him and "Mama", are his real parents! SHHHHHhhhhh! He doesn't know he's adopted!!

Potsdam, NY(Zone 4a)

Eufala! What breed is that little bantam pair? He is a beauty! All the hens look nice to me, so it is the rooster that I want a certain appearance for. That bantam has a full single comb and the beautiful colorful long feathers that I want. The colors are not as important to me as the overall appearance otherwise. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me. Thanks! BAM

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

WOW, E, he is adorable, what a precious photo!! They are all very handsome and I'm so thrilled for him and his momma! When we first brought our Banties home, we had our Little Hen's soul mate murdered by an unknown varmint, we were just broken hearted, he was such a wonderful, trusting rooster. We started to just quit, but decided we had to be tough and figure out a way to keep the varmints at bay. So far, so good. Please send more photos as he grows and I wish you the best of fun and luck with all your chicks!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi Bam, My One and only adult Roo is a Japanese , Black tail, I believe! He was a sad little fella I found with His mate at a Flea market in Athens Georgia! His mate was a White Japanese and could not have been any bgger that 19 ozs. She lived only a few months due to her condition when I found them!

He is doing fine and Paired up with this Old English ( BB Red ) hen. Im now raising anothe Little Japanese hen for him!

Potsdam, NY(Zone 4a)

Thank you, Eufala. I still wish for a miracle that would allow me to have a few bantams. Must still do more research, and dream on! LOL! BAM

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay heres another shot of "Papa Bird",Hes not Camera shy at all!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Unlike his Papa , Hard Rock is very camera shy!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

and last but certainly not least, Maternity leave is over and Mama went back to work this week!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

And here is the baby sitter!" OOOOoooohhhh Gimmmeee some suuuuuuggggger!!"

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Potsdam, NY(Zone 4a)

Eufala, that rooster has every reason to be proud. He is slap-dead gorgeous! Looks to me like Hard Rock is going to be a real looker, too!
Better keep those two apart when Hard Rock feels ready to take over the flock! LOL! Would not be pretty. Good luck, and thanks for the great pics! His adopted mother is Plymouth Rock or Dominique (what my father called Dominecker). My parents were from Georgia, around Higdon, if that still exists. BAM

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Wow Bam, Im running intogood ole Georgia peaches everywhere!!! Im not sure where Higdon is but Ill look on the map, I know its got to still be thereHaha!

Yep Adopted Mama is a Barred Rock! Blood Mama is a BB Red!

Dominiques are hard to come by any more! The only difference I believe between them and a Rock is the comb! The Dom.,has a rose comb!

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

It just cracks me up that he's sitting on his mama's back up on the roost.
Wish I could have seen how they got up there together.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Those are darling pictures and very intellegent birds. So much for the idea that chickens are stupid. Perhaps in large flocks they just go along with whatever is expected of them, but given the opportunity they demonstate very individual personalities. As least some breeds do.

By the way, Marsha goose let me catch her yesterday with no chasing or fuss. Since the gander beat her up for letting herself be a pet a few years ago she has not been a real pet like she use to be. We got her when she was about 2 days old and had always been my baby. Yesterday she was in the aparagus bed with me and I was able to just reach over and put my arm around her and pull her to me for a petting session. That was such a thrill to me.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey all, yep that little Hard Rock has been roosting on top of his Mama all his little 6 week old life. I dont know what he or Mama is going to do in a couple mor weeks!! Like I said before though I still cant tell if this is a liitle hen or Roo! All I know is that it loves its Mama and she must love it!! She will even walk around with it on her back!

Oh leaf lady, Im glad to hear about Marsha, love is fickle but "our birds" know who loves them most!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.