Did we ever find out if theres a Pink?

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I recall seeing a thread a while back about a Pink or Blush Dat but I never saw anymore about it. I searched thru old threads and found some old posts about Kim G growing out some seed but no fallow up so far as I could find. I keep telling myself if it were true there would be pics so, Im sure its wishful thinking on my part lol! I just wanted to check.
Thanks guys!
Caren

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I take it thats a no??

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

in all the years, i have grown Daturas of all species, i have not seen a pink bloom, mostly are light lilac or purple.

some years back, a friend from Canada sent me some seeds with the label of pink datura, it came out as light purple. sorry.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you! Light purple is good for now I enjoy the Dats I grow now but a pink would be wonderful! Maybe someday!!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

hopefully :D!!!

my pleasure.... ma vie

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Is this the thread you are talking about Heavenscent?
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/518977/

If so.. unfortunately, here is the outcome.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/527014/

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Shelly, The thread I found just made a referance to Kim growing Blush Dat but I didt find either of those you have. Its so hard to find what Im looking for when I use the search forums thingie.
Caren

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

It IS hard.. I just happen to remember it was her, and did a search using her name from "member list".
Glad I could help.

These are the closest to pink tinge, that I have grown out, but 'how' pink you find them you will have to judge for yourself lol

This is DATU-44 D. meteloides

Thumbnail by

DATU-72B Datura meteloides

Thumbnail by

DATU-125, which is D. wrightii

Thumbnail by

A hybrid, that has DATU-46B as the one parent has much blue in the mix: Datura meteloides 'Heavenly Blue'

Thumbnail by
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Tony! Those are quite beautiful!! I think I have some seed for meteloides and wrightii but I have never seen Datura meteloides 'Heavenly Blue' very pretty!!
I Love the Crack head story under Abuse on you trade list!! I wonder if he is still with us??
Thanks
Caren

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.