Do any of you do this stupid thing?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

To paraphrase Dena, anyone do this stupid thing?
I bought 5 rose bushes but the infomation on the plant card wasn't exactly what I remembered when I bought them on-line (I knew some tolerated a little shade, some were taller) As I needed this info for planting, I removed the plant card and went to the website to fill-in the missing information on each plant card.
After doing this I returned to my 5 roses which were now unmarked (remember, I removed the cards) and have no idea which rose is which. AARRGHHHH!

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Yeah, something like that, I pulled some single pots out of some flats to sell and decided I would make tags after I pulled them thinking I could remember which pot was which......CRS disease kicked in high gear oh well.

Walpole, NH(Zone 5a)

Ya, been there, done that.

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

Yes, I transplanted tomato seedlings a couple of weeks ago and thought, Well I'll just use the same plant labels, and popped them out of the seedling tray, and then...hm...now which label went with which seedlings? Oops. Going to be interesting to see what comes up. Pam's Grab Bag Of Tomatoes. :)

What's CRS?

pam

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

CRS = Can't Remember *Stuff* I am growing mystery tomatoes as well this year.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

No matter how hard I promise myself I won't get my seedlings mixed up, there is the inevitable confusion and "we'll have to wait to see what that one looks like"

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

This is yet another reason why I'm not a research scientist. Mixing up labels in the lab...bad idea. :)

pam

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh - yeah...did that with a few of my wintersown seeds....took the lids off once the weather was nice...duh...the identifier had been on their lids!!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm sure most of us have mix ups. It can be a happy surprise or an OH NO moment.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Pirl!
Anita, I liked wsing in the gallon milk jugs best because I left the top attached which avoided the confusion you referred to. (though I imagine you don't have much use for gallons of milk.)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

actually Dave, I used both gallon milk and water. I got them from my friend, who saved them for me. I think they were the best. These were the large tall Poland Spring bottles that I used if I only wanted a few seeds planted. I think they worked well too, except that I'll write the identifier on the bottom portion as well next year.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I was at a nursery, on a rainy day, about a month ago and saw many Asiatic lilies. Having a few hundred growing I didn't need any but then saw plant sticks in the pot with the name Lynn on them and, having a friend named Lynn, bought three. Once again I didn't have my magnifying glasses with me. I brought one over to Lynn. We were in the kitchen looking at it: she was so excited that she had an Asiatic with her name on it. She pulled out the plant stick and there was the tiny photo of a chrysanthemum but on the reverse side was hand written RED. Am I ever embarrassed! We both made the promise to call them Lynn anyhow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.