May daily weather. Spring is SPRINGING!!!! Part II

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Is that all yours, or part of a community garden plot?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Wow Pam, that's a huge plot of land there for a vegie garden.
Do post pictures taken from the very same spot every week or so.
Then we can tell how your garden grows.
Sidney

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Darius/Sidney ours is the section with the yellow around it........it was supposed to be 35' x 75' but we measured and our corner is *a lot* larger than that. It is part of a community garden......they say the crops from it are wonderful! I've got watermelon, birdhouse gourds, 5 different pumpkins, cantelope, 3 different squash, 3 dif taters, 5 different peppers, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, (and all the usual plants) plus 15 different varieties of maters to plant in it. I won't be saving any seeds from there. ;)

Some plants will just give us a taste but on the whole we should be loaded with fresh produce this summer.

It also has a HUGE well rotted manure pile and free water.

This message was edited May 23, 2006 11:38 AM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

A pic from a little further back showing our water source (and view ;).

Sidney I'll be tickled pink to show it growing.......we couldn't get too close to it today with the rain but we are pretty sure we saw some green. Ü

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Lilypond Your garden plot is awesome!!!! Looks like you have been very busy there. I loved your picture with your water source close by too.

Chance for scattered showers,more humid, higher temps. on the way for north Missouri.

cuckoo

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Todays weather

Partly cloudy
Temp 59 F
Wind 16 mph with gusts on 37 mph
Humidity 51 %

Janett

At almost 8AM:
73.9 °F / 23.3 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind: Calm
High expected around 88º
No rain in site!
Sidney

A perfect little circle of the purple fan ground cover.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri: Breezy, getting hot and more humid.Highs near 90 degrees thru the Memorial Day weekend. Had to turn the air conditioning on.

cuckoo

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cool and mostly cloudy, a passing sprinkle.
Low was45 F, High 68, now 61.
The columbines like this weather.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Great weather for our cool weather crops that should be breaking ground in the next day or two. Hoping now that temps will settle into the mid 70's for the next month (I really don't like seeing July/Aug temps in May).

Observed at: Moose Jaw, CA
Elevation: 1893 ft / 577 m
[Mostly Cloudy]
64 °F / 18 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 31 mph / 50 km/h from the NW
Wind Gust: 38 mph / 61 km/h

Thanks Cuckoo Ü ......we are pretty excited about it too! I've followed the tomato forum here for quite awhile and am looking forward to trying some of the heirlooms that I've seen DG'ers drool over there (I ordered the seeds from Florida). Will be planting them out in a week or two. We also have some of the golden oldies (just in case).

Lovely flower pics everyone!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Could'nt ask for a more perfect day here in Pa. High temp 72 - gentle breeze, golden sunlight. Perennialpinks are blooming, dutch iris and even a scape of Beverly Sillls GB iris. One blooming scape of Stella D'oro. Godl dust daylily has it's burnished purple buds, but hasn't bloomed yet.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Almost 90* and all my weeding was done in the shade. Big storms turned into nothing. It's a beautiful breezy evening.

Iris, Lenten Prayer. The iris are huge this year thanks to the spring rains.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Irises are huge here too.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

75* tops today. Got a little rain and it's breezy.

My enlarged Hosta beds.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Those hostas are really up and at it!!
It rained here this evening.
Yea!
Sidney

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I divided those hostas before I made the bed last year, so they have a lifetime to get to full size. I have columbine that reseeds true, to put behind them. I found a 1920 penny when I made the bed bigger.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Tonight
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this evening. Showers beginning overnight. Risk of a severe thunderstorm early this evening. Low 54°F/ 12°C.

Rain will be so appreciated as the peas are now breaking through the ground. Ü As are the weeds. :(

Lovely Iris and the hostas are coming along nicely.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Slowly making progress if just this weather could change. Have almost finished the flowerbed in front of the porch, only 3 feet left to dig.............in gravel and rock....... yuck. Also made a low edge of concrete,sand and gravel to keep soil and gravel apart.
Also made one other flowerbed next to the "patio to be" just need a few more stones.

Between those flowerbeds I put new gravel so I don't have to worry that any of us get all the nastiness that is in the front yard in our feet's(paws) anymore. It doesn't matter how much I scrape that yard I cant get rid of all metal pieces, glass, nails and........well I got the gravel from the owner to the former motel........love that guy :0)
DD took a trashcan on wheels and I the wheelbarrow took us a whole yesterday running back and forth to cover this bit. but hey I don't have to pay for it. and its enough up there to cover the whole yard with 4 inches
Just waiting for the daily temps to reach 59 F So I can put all the seeds in those flowerbeds they just scream planting

Temp 48 F
Cloudy with a lot of showers
Wind is nuts.......either 15 mph or totally wind still
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, you are turning that place into a masterpiece. Well done.

Warm and humid today, variable clouds. Low 54 F, high 80, now 78. Light south winds.
Forecast is for thunder showers this evening and part of tomorrow.
Should warm up 'big time' next week.
I have the Pepper and Melon beds ready, they will get planted after tonights storms.
Andy P

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Andy, nice shot of the centaurea montana.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Darius, I was not sure what it was. It was a gift a couple of years ago, I was told it was Globe Thistle but that didn't seem right.
I like the look of the bud, too.

PS, Thunder and rain, now. Temp down to 70 F.
Andy P

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Andy I think that one is one of the many Centaurea Montana. They come in many blue colours and I always picked them as a child. My favorite spot (old garden)hade plenty of them with the same fuzzy foliage.
Here is a googlesearch
http://images.google.se/images?svnum=10&hl=sv&lr=&q=centaurea+montana
Janett

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

We got terrific weather today.
Sunny with very partial clouds
Temp 59 F
Warm gentle winds

Swell weather to garden so I was out there 12 hours with short brakes for DG and coffe.
Made this raised bed,"" I will cover it"" but havent desided with what yet. but I can plant in it and deside later. I can also lift the frame out after I made the final touch tothe bed. The frame is 15 feet long 1 feet high and the wood sheets used is for casting concrete.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I also finished the bed in front of the porch and filled up both new beds with soil.
This is how the frontyard looks from the garage at the end of a looooooooong but oh so fun day
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, I agree, it's a cornflower.
You're a non-stop landscaper. I have some work over here if you want to keep busy, LOL.

Low was 59 F, high 86, now 77 with more storm clouds rolling in. NE wind at 8 mph. Very humid.

Yesterday we had a little shower then an hour later the clouds opened wide. Very heavy for 20 minutes, total of .6 inch.
Luckily I snapped this Iris before the downpour, it looked a bit battered this morning.
Andy P

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

No its not a cornflower all thoe the cornflower is a C.Montana
From what I have seen of your garden there is MUCH more to do over here so why dont you come over and help me.
Janett

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, How's the food over there?????
Andy P

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Well lets say you wouldnt go hungry. summertime we eat a lot of barbeque.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Another beautiful sunny day. We had thunderstorms last night that lasted for hours. Over 2inches of rain. Sunshine for today and temps which hung in the 50-low 60's all week are 85 degrees. Planted 16 more daylilies this AM. Now it's time to concentrate on containers and hanging baskets.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Three HUGE boomers of thunder, ugly black cloud, but no rain. Guess I'll go out and start the second watering of the day. (sigh)
Pati

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Yep, we had thunder here also last night, and a few, and I mean a FEW drops of rain; that was it. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow, but we've heard that one before, too!

89o here at almost 7pm......

Flowers are holding their own!

Gracie

Well I watered this afternoon and a pick-up truck just stopped in the road where it was getting sprayed on one side, LOL. Maybe a free rinse job???
77.7 °F / 25.4 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 65 °F / 18 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa
Got lightest sprinkle here.
Sidney

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

up at 6 this morning, out walking around my flower beds, doing a few small clean ups. Yesterday set a record of 97, with extreme humidity & windy. This morning it is so nice, cool & breezy, couldn't be a better summer morning to be outside. Forecasting 97 again today.

greta,
Thanks for dropping by. The main thing I remember about Kansas is the fiels of sunflowers that faced the sun all day long. Amazing!
We haven't heard from Blooms sinnce the 22nd and I hope all is well with her, as well as Kelli, and Janet in Calif.
Janett you and Andy could start a foriengn gardener exchange although you both seem to have your own gardens doing just great.
Here, it's hot and humid.
Sidney

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sidney, Luckily for me, most everything is Perennials. They are on Auto Pilot, a little touch up now and then does it.
The veggie garden is officially planted as of this morning. Last to go in were the peppers and Cantaloupe.
A few annual seedlings and Summer bulbs will finish off the flower beds.
It's the darn lawn that gets me, all this rain makes it grow, grow, grow....

A perfect day here. Light sea breeze, cloudless sky and temps in the low 70s.

Here is another Iris macro.
Andy P

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Andy, get those solar lawnmowers that goes all by themselfs you just have to put up some kind of sensorwire around the lawn, like the vaccumcleaner that goes all by itself. Muttering to herself my darn mower didnt work have to have it fixed. So my grass is happy and TALL

Well they said it was going to rain this afternoon HA. It didnt :0)) sunny weather with partial clouds.
Temp around 59F
Janett

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Janett, sounds like a good idea. Do they cost money, oh darn....

We lost the sea breeze, temp jumped up 10 degrees.
Andy P

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Hi, I'm still alive. We were on vacation and then when we got home, I got a bad cold and didn't feel like getting on the computer until today. We got 1 inch of rain while we were gone. They were calling for rain so we set out our rain barrel and bins.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Sidney

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

It reached 90° today....quite a change from a few days ago.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.