May daily weather. Spring is SPRINGING!!!! Part II

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Here we were getting long on the first May thread with everyone posting such pretty pictures.
Here in North Florida;
77.0 °F / 25.0 °C
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 3.1 mph / 4 km/h
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph / 8 km/h
Gonna be relly warm here with no rain in site!
Purple fan and white caladiums are great togeather.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Well Sugar, send some of that warmth to me and I send this rain to you...........deal??

Rained all yeasterday afternoon and all night
Temp is only 50
expected to be 60 later today
Cloudy
more rain is expected in the evening.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....... Lilypond......... May you have a great B-day. Hope your day has more warmth and sun than we do :0))
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D

Great to see spring is poping in Sweden too.
Happy Birthday Liliypon
Sidney

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks Janett and Sidney. :)

We have it a little cooler today (the rest of the week is supposed to get pretty warm again).......great day for doing chores outside (that would be for DH since I'm at work for the day)

Today High 68°F 20°C. UV index 7 or high.
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers early this morning then sunny. Wind becoming east 30 km/h early this morning.

Tonight Low 45 °F / 7°C.
Cloudy periods. 60 percent chance of showers with the risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We had a few showers last night for a tenth inch of rain.
Partly cloudy today, low 46 F high 66, now 64.
Rather windy West 12 gusts to 30 MPH.
Andy P

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday, Lilypon!!

Today is the last of the "mild" days we have been enjoying (it's only 84°). Starting tomorrow it is going to be back up in the 90's with no chance of rain in sight.

Current conditions:
A Few Clouds 84°F (29°C)
Humidity: 48 %
Wind Speed: S 9 MPH
Barometer: 29.96" (1015.0 mb)
Dewpoint: 62°F (17°C)
Heat Index: 85°F (29°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Our LOW was 65
High will be 95
Hum - 10%

chance of the heat building some clouds this afternoon. we got some yesterday.

No, that's not snow in the picture. Although it looked like a blizzard out there yesterday. It's Cottonwood season... and that is cotton, highly flamable stuff... the gas that's in it. POOF So I go around wetting it down DAILY

I forgot to say ! Happy Birthday ! ((Lilypon))

This message was edited May 20, 2006 12:43 PM

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView

Surely we could find a way to work that fluff into some renewable energy source.
They are talking about raising willows in New York for energy.
Mama, (DGM) had a huge Cottonwood tree and I've always liked them because of that. Never knew about the gas.
Sidney

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

A beautiful sunny day but sharp cold winds. don't think it got out of the 60's yet.

My coleus look chilled.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks everyone.....the day stayed below 70 and we had a wonderful lunch in the park where my work place is situated and enjoyed the intoxicating scent of 100's of lilac bushes blooming........

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

and the sounds of a bagpiper competition (there were about 30 bands playing in different corners of the park)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Its rained all night and morning the sky is compact grey.
Temp is only 60 F

And today we where/are going to have a day out in a park with song and entertaining because this Sunday marks the "ending" for the kids winter activities at the church

Oh and yesterday I finally did my diary if you want to take a peak :0))
Janett

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

48 degrees this AM - sunny, windy and feels like the beginning of April, rather than the end of May. But the ground is well satuated so things WILL grow.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Misssouri: Sunny, warm, gorgeous spring day. I've been busy with our family going to many high school graduation events this weekend and have more today. Seems like yesterday I was graduating but it acually was a looooooong time ago!!! Many were so glad to be graduating but then hung around the school like lost sheep wondering what to do!! Gotta go get ready for church now. Have a great weekend everyone.

cuckoo

Lilypon, 30 bands and Bagpipers too! They really went all out for your birthday! LOL
Hot, sunny, and almost sunstroked yesterday.
No rain in sight.
Sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

There once was a girl named Lilypon,
Who lived way up north in saskatchiwon.
We wished she lived south,
Far out of the snow,
And her flowers would grow by the ton!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

((hugs))
Pati

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

OOOOoooooooooh what a wonderful poem & birthday wish!!!!! Thank you soooo much Pati!!!!!! Ü LOL I was tempted to say your spelling of SK was a bit off .... then a light bulb turned on (it rhymes wonderfully Pati ;).

They do every year Sidney......it's Canada's Victoria Day long weekend here (I'm treated Royally every year ;).

Today
Clearing this afternoon. High 82°F (28°C) UV index 7 or high.

Tonight
Clear then cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm. Low 14.

This message was edited May 21, 2006 1:06 PM

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

The day started out clear and beautiful.
Low 47 F, high 69, now 58 cloudy with a thunderstorm on our doorstep.
SW wind at 15 gusts to 29 (This may change in the storm).
It's gotten very dark and Sarah (my dog) is cowering at my feet.

Snapped this Blue-Eyed Grass yesterday. It's only open when the sun shines on it.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper

I love Blue eyed grass. Thanks Andy.
Here Y'all are cool and damp and I have to stay here inside to avoid heat stroke.
Sidney

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sidney, How is 43 F? Does that cool you down? The first storm wimped out with .05 inch.
We just had a 'real' T-storm with small hail and lots of thunder. Poor Sarah was shaking like a leaf. What a wuss. Still only .2 inch but it sure cooled down. We were at 69 earlier.
The sun is out again, had a small rainbow.
How about a little Violet.
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I just looked out and saw this unusual cloud formation on the back side of the storm.
Looking south west.
Andy P

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Too cold to go out and photo things here. High didn't reach 60 today. Steady 20-30 mph winds, gusts to 40 mph. No rain but many leaves and branches down. The GB iris are ruined and I brought in two hanging baskets of trailing coleus. They are dried and wind battered. My hanging pots of caladiums lost several huge leaves. Oh well, its springtime and they will grow back.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Here it is again 10 minutes later from the front yard.
A few minutes before sunset.
Andy P

Wow.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Andy I saw some of those clouds last year, truly odd looking clouds hunh?
Here's a site that describes them.... mammatus clouds - it looked as if someone were punching down with a broom handle [well, a rather large broom handle] from above the clouds.

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/cld/cldtyp/oth/mm.rxml

Not quite as hot here, clouds... thanks be. a chance of t-storms this aft and a rise in the humidity to 16% it's only 80* at ten here. with predicted high of 88*. We call that a break. especially the clouds.

***SORRY, that link didn't come thru as the whole thing. I just got that from googling mmatus clouds and it was a very good article. You need the whole thing for it to work

This message was edited May 22, 2006 10:15 AM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

89o here in Florida, and we just returned from Maryland where the rainfall has produced lush green pastures, and hillsides of beautiful wildflowers. Temps there were in the 70s.

When we arrived at Jax airport, I could feel the heat slam into my face....still dry with no promise of the skies opening.....

Sure glad I got most of my planting done before I left; whoa, it is hot and dry! My poor babies are going to get their thirst quenched after the sun goes down a bit.

Gracie

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hotter than hades here today......we worked in the garden until 3:00 p.m. and then the heat chased us away. I'm in the province with the big red spot.

Taking the reading off our thermometer (more up to date then the weather sites}

89°F / 31.6°C and it's going to get hotter yet before nightfall. Hello Florida!!! (except our humidity is only at 30 %)

We are now 3 degrees short of a 140 degree climb since our coldest day in the winter.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

A beauty of a day here, what makes New England so pleasant.
Low 40 F, high 66, partly cloudy, west wind at 12, gust to 28.
No nasty storms today.
There was some snow in the White Mountains of New Hampshire last night.
Andy P

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Finally supposed to begin a real warmup tomorrow. Whew! It's been a long 12 days of blackberry winter. That cold and wet stuff kept slipping down from Manitoba.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful day in Pa. Cold and gentle winds, partly sunny - didn't reach 60 degrees though. Frost and freeze warnings out for tonight. Covered all the tomato plants.
And will hope for the best. Am still planting daylilys. At least they like our warm moist soil and will put down roots. Air temps are bad though.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I've been working so hard I forgot to see how warm it got. I wore shorts and no sleeves, but was cool unless I moved around. Weeding and mulching and making the Hosta bed bigger. We replaced the old sideporch steps and filled where the daylilies were with red granite rock. Very dry air. The weather stick was pointed straight up.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

And finished.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Wow that is so neat and pretty. You did a fantastic job.
Gonna be hot and humid.
Sidney

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Walked outside about a half hour ago, and there's not a breath of air.

Everything seems so still and I guess we'll have to prepare for another hot and humid day at 88o with high clouds.

Winds are (supposedly) out of the NNE @7mph, but I didn't even see a leaf move.

Gracie

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri : Cloudy, breezy, chance for scattered showers today.
High of 86 degrees today. I mowed lots of grass and ran the weed wacker around the yard yesterday.Feels good to get that job done. Looking forward to the MissouriRoundup this Saturday and hope to exchange a lot of plants and meet some of Dave's Gardeners.
Nice work billyporter on your project. Looks so neat and tidy!!

cuckoo

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey, it rained yesterday! Quite hard for a long time. It was great! I keep breaking my little dollar store rain gauges; I need to get another one. According to this site (http://maps.hcoem.org/hcrainfall.php) we got just shy of an inch.

Current conditions:
Last Update on May 23, 6:53 am CDT

Partly Cloudy 72°F (22°C)
Humidity: 94 %
Wind Speed: E 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.01" (1016.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 70°F (21°C)
Visibility: 7.00 mi.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Well The weather is VERY interesting here.
Stormgusts, as in hold on to everything or you have to chase it down the hill gusts :0))
Rain
Sun
Windstill
And just plain grey sky taking turns. Just hope the hail and snow stays away.
Temp is 58 F ..........feels warmer
Janett

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Today
A few showers or thunderstorms ending late this afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud. Risk of a severe thunderstorm. High 32. UV index 3 or moderate.

Currently
63 °F / 17 °C
Overcast
Raining :D Ü :D
Humidity: 100

When we hit 89.6 degree Fahrenheit this afternoon with humidity it will be Florida here.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Our recently planted veggie garden will be coming along in leaps and bounds now (already started tomatoes will be transplanted there in the next week or two).......and the temps here are supposed to go down to the 70's after today (at least for the next week or two :).

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oooooooops missed the pic of our garden plot

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.