Iris in Renton!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm so glad, I was happy to see Pallida (always the first) but here are some pics along with some new to us for this year -

I photographed this one last year, but I thought worth sharing a pic again -

Starship Enterprise

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hurricane Lamp

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Northwest Progress - All I can say is wow and the fragrance is very intoxicating!

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Immortality - you don't see ANY weeds now do ya? This one was given courtesy of our own Wandasflowers!

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Another courtesy of Wanda:

Anne Newhard

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Intermediate Honey Glazed

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

And this old timey fav - which I "think" might be Ambassadeur

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

And last one for today: Bountiful Harvest - all of the photos I've seen show this much darker than mine ............ but here it is -

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous iris, Sue. My Starship Enterprise didn't bloom as nice as yours, and it was small-I think I'm going to move it to a better spot.

Sandy

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Sandy, Iris are so hard for me to figure out! Some I plant and they go on and bloom the very next season, some others I plant and it takes 3-4 years to see a bloom. And I'm talking same size rhizome's too.

I moved our Honey Glazed last year and this year it came up with much smaller blooms. I expect in another year or two it will be back up to speed. Well, I hope so anyway. LOL.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Sue beautiful irises.

Shirley

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely! Iris are my DH's passion, but in catering to his likes I've grown to love them. Thanks for sharing. Your 'Bountiful Harvest looks the same as mine in person, my camera interprets it darker than it really is.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.