DW's Mothers Day gift.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

From our son, a variety of Clematis bred for growing indoors.

Vienetta Evipo0006.

Neat looking blooms.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Another, next day.

Thumbnail by trois
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Quoting:
bred for growing indoors

Hi Trois-Does this mean you are going to keep it indoors? Or, are you two going to plant this outside?
-T

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That is really pretty.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

So far it is setting on DWs desk. She may put it out at times for a vacation.
We will see in time.
Thanks, Calalily.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Absolutely georgeous!
Please share how it does indoors. I had to that were bred for indoors and they did good for a while then the leaves starting turning brown. When they looked completely dead I took them outside and planted them and they are starting to leaf out now.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the info. Will keep you informed.
trois

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I have never had any luck in trying to over winter them in my house..But with yours I sure would try again..!!

(Zone 6a)

I had never heard of Clematis for inside before. Thats really interesting. I look forward to hearing how it does.

Steve

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Thats beautiful where did you buy from ?? Indoor clematis WOW......Sharon

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I will ask my son, as he purchased this plant for his mother.
It is still a great looking plant.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

What a beauty to display. Wether you indoor or outdoor the plant (inside or outside) if it makes it either way, BIG question now.............. willing to trade or sell some cutings.

Or, if your son leaks the purchase location and it is local, would you make a purchase if money is sent (covering s&p of course.) If the purchase was at a location that shipps please do tell.
Am I to direct if so please excuse, I just got off shift and have had to be this way for the last 8hrs. still trying to wind-down.

I am trying to grow integrifolia from seed. They, the seeds, are teaching me about patience....lol. After approx. 2 1/2 wks. it looks as if 3 of the 12 have germinated and are shooting the root into the substrate. Gosh I hope this means plants.

calvin

This message was edited May 22, 2006 7:58 AM

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I haven't had a chance to talk to my son yet, but I have found the address of the company.

www.bloomrite.com

Wayside Gardens or Parks(can't remember which & they are sister companies) offered the vienetta.

They may still have some, or you shop around with google.
-T

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Wow!!! That is simply beautiful!! What a nice gift.
:) Donna

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks Donna and ahelms. I wish I had purchased them.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I just ordered one from Parks(on sale)
But I swear it said this one could be grown in the garden since the regular one could only be grown in a GH or house which is where I have my regular one growing

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Parks?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Very strange.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That's not the one we have, but it sure is pretty. Ours is Vienetta.

trois

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

Trois your son has good taste in plants just like his daddy ;) I gave mah mammy a Mandevilla for mother's day...a very pretty hot pink... she still has it sitting on her table next to her chair in family room..... re: I plan on planting it where I cut down that 13-15 ft cactus that they finally got over me cutting down..(lol) Ps: the view of the palm trees across the street is postcard perfect view :)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I guess that was the least you could do. DW received a bright red Mandevilla for her birthday. It is growing up a lattice on the west side of the house.

Crested-
That is it! They must have restocked it...

The regular Clematis florida var sieboldiana is supposed to be more fussy, and best grown in more ideal conditions, but clematis florida sidboldiana 'vienetta' is supposed to be an improved sieboldiana, and is easier to grow.

They can grow in part sun, so this is probably why they are marketing it as an indoor plant.

I've heard of several people growing these indoors with success and even repeat blooms.

Sometimes the petals are rounded like the picture in Park's ad, and sometimes when they are first opening, they are more pointy and the flower is more star shaped, like Trois' picture.

I don't know if this is usually the case or not, but my vienetta bloomed a paler purple than the regular sieboldiana, and bloomed later, by about three weeks.
-T

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the link. I could not find a parks on the net.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm pretty sure that Vienetta on the link I posted
at least thats what it says.....

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

After finding the label that came with the plant, the picture on the label is just like the one in the link crestedchic posted. It is the same. The flowers look very different right now, but are changing.
trois

It is almost half price right now, too...WHAT a deal...
Makes me want a couple more, for THAT price...
-T

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That sounds very good. Thanks,

trois

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

Trois you quack me up ;) We have 4 more of them... that are not in the way, like this one was.... now the Bogainvilla that was next to it...has a chance of growing much better.... and easier for me to prune without getting the thorns on me... from the cactus...

Ps: I still have thorns on my hands from sunday (lol) ...and still need to continue to saw off the rest of the cactus down...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.