Do you think this is the real Bengal Tiger?

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Other than a spray of messenger 2 wks ago, I haven't fertilized this plant. It is growing well and it put out flowers last year (don't remember color) but the variegation is sooooo faint. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thumbnail by vossner
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

My canna that were ID'ed as Bengal Tiger have marked variegation and red edges. See the pic below:

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

That one is pretty big and is in the shade, you might be able to see better from these two small Bengal Tigers that are side by side in the sun. The bad leaf was one that came up with very little pigment...it was basically yellow wiht pale green stripes and becuase it was in the sun, got very sunburned.

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Bama, your plant is beautiful, lusting after it. I got mine in a trade. I didn't keep my records, but based on your pic, I'm speculating that maybe my trading buddy had a tissue cultured plant, which has weakened. It looked slightly more variegated last year. Ugh!

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

vossner,
I will be surprised if your canna is Bengal Tiger/Pretoria.
I don't believe it is.
Please do not criticize TC canna. Done right, they are stronger cannas than many cannas out there.That have gotten that very good these days :-)
Alice

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

my bengals were very slow to color this year but now they are looking better...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.