Info on sick canna leaves

Saint Ignace, MI(Zone 5a)

Really desperate for info on what the problem might be with these Pink Futurity leaves. The bulbs were grown indoors under lights - the big one spent 1 day outside so I thought maybe it got sunburned - but the smaller one (2nd picture) is opening up (or not opening up in this instance) looking just like its bigger cousin. The smaller plant was never outside. I've never grown cannas before so I'm panicking - hopefully theres no need to. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Rhonda

Well.....it would probably be a lot easier to guess what the problem with the Pink Futurity was if I'd only attached the photos. Right? I'll try again...when my DH gets home with the camera.

Apologies - Rhonda

FINALLY! Picture 1

Thumbnail by rjkoivuniemi

And...picture two.

Thumbnail by rjkoivuniemi
Louisville, KY

I would think it is growing conditions. Most likely you light may be getting to hot on the leaves? It is hard to say but I think out doors it would fade away fast.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

No need to panic! ;) It's not unusual for my cannas to show some type of damage, either environmental or physical, on the first leaves. As newer leaves develop you can remove the damaged one.

Glad to know I don't have to panic. I was really getting worried. I'll start letting the little guys spend their days outside - weather permitting. Only about a week longer and we'll be able to move everything outside on a permanent basis.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the peace of mind.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.