Next quilt..

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I've been working on a quilt for my son using Asian print fabrics in a fan pattern. I've got about half the squares made. The other day I got an inivation from my niece for her garduation. I was going to make her an afghan, but she said she wants me to make her a small quilt. I called my sis and explained how long it takes to make a quilt...can't do it by graduation...in fact, I'll be lucky to get it done by next year. but my niece wants it anyway...so I ordered the fabrics for it yesterday. I am going to use the pointed dresden pattern and the farbics are all blue, green or turquoise batiks. I am planning to make it look like stained glass. I've been wanting to do a quilt that looked like stained glass for a long time...now is my chance! Here are the farbics for it. and the good news is that by witing, the fabrics have gone from $12 a yard hand dyed batiks, to $3-$4 per yard machine dyed batiks. I don't care if they are hand dyed or not...It is the effect I am going for! Who can afford $12 a yard anyway???

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!