Need ID on these two please

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

I got these 2 last year at a local nursery. Get a perennial every week for $1.99 there was no ID and girl didn't know what they were. I will appreciate whatever help I get. Thanks Buckimom

Thumbnail by buckimom
Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is the other one.

Thumbnail by buckimom
Shenandoah Valley, VA

The top one is hardy geranium/cranesbill. The bottom one looks like a delphinium.

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

Dear Hart,Thanks so much. I thought that bottom one was a delphinium wonder why she didn't tell me that when I bought it. Are they that tempermental? I feel like an idiot for asking for an ID on such a common plant, but obviously I have never had one. Thanks for the ID on the first plant also. I like the bloom very petite.

This message was edited May 17, 2006 5:09 PM

(Zone 6a)

The second one looks like another geranium to me.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/61159/

Steve

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

I have never had a geranium either I guess. I just plant em and let em grow. We'll all find out what it is eventuallly.

(Zone 6a)

I'm just growing my first geraniums this year too.
Please keep us posted!

Steve

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey, mom :) Yeah, the first one is a hardy geranium :) I just planted six of them this spring! :) A little different, but same kind of plant.

I'll get back to you on the 2nd pic :)

Silex, MO(Zone 5b)

I agree with Steve on the second one too but I only have one of the geraniums so I may not know what I'm talking about LOL. :)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The first one I agree is definitely geranium probably sanquineum...the other I do not think looks like the maculatum.

Spring Park, MN(Zone 4a)

The second one could be trollius, but it looks a little too evenly toothed compared to mine. I regularly have to look at my markers as I have both geraniums and trollius in the same area and the trollius seeds itself and fools me many springs into thinking it is a geranium.

Lily

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

We were in Chicago with Hugahosta and her family this weekend .Jacci (Hugahosta) is sure the first one is a geranium and probably the second one also after seeing them at the Chicago Botanical Garden. Beautiful garden,we are so glad we included it in the trip. And perfect weather for walking around the gardens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.