Wisteria

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

A relative gave me a well established wisteria with quite a large trunk (about 3" across).We cut it back before moving it and planted it in a good spot in the yard and it is flourishing and has already gotten full. The plant never bloomed the entire time my niece had it...........8 or 9 years. There are no buds on it now and I didn't expect there to be after being transplanted. The local nursery where it was purchased said there is no reason it hasn't bloomed in all the past years.

Any advice? They are so beautiful and I want it to bloom next year in our yard.

Thanks.

California City, CA

Yeah thats weird and i am by no means an expert but i can tell you that in my old house, my mom planted a wisteria on our front porch, and a neighbor had one that bloomed beautifully every year, the neighbor said that ours was not getting the right sun, or enough sun, and the nursery said the same thing. i just recently planted one in my new home in full sun, hoping it will do well.
here it is when i got it, lets wish eachother blooming luck ;)
tammy

Thumbnail by 1sttammy
Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

It's gorgeous Tammy. We planted ours in full sun so it should do well but of course there are no buds now........it was moved 3 weeks ago and cut back. The foliage is bright green and the pant has bushed out but no buds. Hopefully next year.

Good luck and fingers crossed.

Cathy

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Lotus, here's what I posted last year about this same subject. It worked again this year!! Good Luck!!

GG

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/501291/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.