What's blooming today

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Actually has been blooming for quite a while but today it stopped raining long enough for me to get a picture. If the sun actually breaks out I may have to run out and take some more shots.. I had moved these irises together last year and they bloomed at different times but this year they bloomed together and what a show! It wasn't intentional but I think they really play well off each other! The yellows were never this tall before (Of course the people who planted them put them under mature Norway spruces.)
I don't know what either of them are. The white and purple one was at our old house when we moved in and the yellows were here when we moved in

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Another angle

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

That's so pretty! I love the yellow and bluish purple together!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Very pretty Jazz! For as close as we are...yours are much further along than mine. Mine are just now starting to bloom..one here and there. Can't wait till next week..when they are saying a major change in the weather pattern...WARMER!!!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you, FlowerFrenzy and Marcy_1! Hmm, Marcy is New Madison North of Springfield?

The sun came out!!! I went out and took another pic and caught a new bloom in the middle of my irises!

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

ALright..I just went and looked and you are just a hair north.. :)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yep...more West than North. Almost straight across from you to the Indiana border. We had sun today too! And then another shower at suppertime!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful clumps of blooms and you little ones is the cutest of them all.

Susan

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you Susan :) I am enjoying all my blooms

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Love the yellow & purple--and such a sweet seedling in their midst!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm glad that you put them together. They are stunning. But the best one of course is the blond one.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Jazz...I edited that first msg to say how beautiful the iris are ..but somehow it didn't get sent?? LOL..it was probably me!! Anyway...they are very pretty..and the little one too!!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you Wanda, Doss and Marcy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.