I Think I Cooked my Peppers

Cataldo, ID

Don't you hate it when the weather goes from highs in the 50s and 60s to the 80s overnight? I had just set out my pepper plants that I had been nursing in the house for 6 weeks. The hot weather was totally unexpected--I think it caught everyone by suprise. They have been kept well-watered in their new home. What are the chances that they will come back? It is suppose to be mid-80s all week. The tomatoes that got a touch of frost have all re-grown, but I'm not used to cooked peppers. They are rather limp. I guess that is the price we pay for trying to squeeze a couple more weeks out of Mother Nature. The plants are all in a plastic greenhouse, which will be well ventilated. But, what can you say? It is HOT in there. The 3 basil plants that went out with the peppers seem thrilled with the temperature change, and the tomatoes are celebrating as well.

The good news is that I will eat next year, regardless. And I can always buy more pepper plants if I have to. Not the same kind as the ones I planted, but pepper plants, neverless.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

understand peppers love the heat, at least hot peppers do. maybe a good watering would get them back to normal.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

you should put this on the pepper forum where i know some one will be able to help you.

Cataldo, ID

Thanks! I missed the pepper forum when I scanned the list. I have posted the message there now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.