My bearded iris are abloom (finally)...

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, everybody!

After planting my bearded iris three seasons ago, I am finally getting some nice bloom from them. (Hurray!)

I thought we might move away before I saw any color from them, but they are blooming beautifully and well worth the wait!

These are 'snowmound' (I think) in my mixed border.

This message was edited May 14, 2006 6:04 PM

Thumbnail by tabasco

and some pretty lavender blues...

Thumbnail by tabasco
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Yeah. Bet you're doing the happy dance. Nice clump shot.

'conjuration' maybe?

Thumbnail by tabasco
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh how pretty! And well worth the wait! I love the bearded in borders, such as you have them. I can just smell them!
Polly

Thank you, it's been fun trying to grow them in the borders, although not always successful. Lost several to the 'overwatering' syndrome...

'Conjuration' silhouette.

Thumbnail by tabasco

And this is sort of an interesting combination of Allium 'Ivory Queen' and an orange-ish iris (must have been a mixup at the growers--thought it was 'Harvest of Memories', Oh, well.) I like these white allium among some of the iris...

(Sorry pics are so bad, still getting the hang of my new camera...what a pain.)

Thumbnail by tabasco

And the orange iris with the Allium 'gladiator' (purple) and a white allium bud...

Thumbnail by tabasco
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The Iris and the allium look really nice together. What is the varigated foliage plant on the right in the first photo?

Susan

Thanks lincolnitess, That is a liriope coming in.

And here is my lone iris 'Lady Friend' blooming among the white camassia and allium in the front sun border. Hopefully 'Lady Friend' will like it in that spot since it really works well with the Japanese maple...

Thumbnail by tabasco

You have a beautiful yard - looks so peaceful!!!

Crystal

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

T. I love your iris. Could the first pic be Wabash?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I agree with Crystal, it looks so peaceful. But I know it takes a LOT of work to keep it looking that nice. We have nearly an acre and it is a nonstop work order.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.