Goddess like trees :)))

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

Took a trip to Starhill Forest yesterday. Mr Wonderful and his lovely wife were excellent hosts. Mr Wonderful tried his darndest to cram all his knowledge into my head, but alas, it wasn't to be. Below are a couple pictures taken....first one was taken specifically for Equil.......(sorry!)

Thumbnail by terryr

This second picture is a tree that is being named for Guy.......Quercus xsternbergii, named by Professor Reinhold Luebbert of the Langeneicker Eichen Archiv in Duesseldorf. Just think, a tree named for own very Guy! Or should I say Mr Wonderful......

Thumbnail by terryr

Why Terry... special for little me, you shouldn't have! Really, you shouldn't have ;)

Psssst, did you drill little holes in a host of inconspicuous spots and give that nice plant in the first photo some happy juice drinks?

Yes Lauren, that picture was taken just for you! He was standing right there, so I couldn't drill...I did secretly leave the little bombs and I hit the detonator as we were leaving.....I haven't heard yet if the tree is still standing. I put all the bombs on that one tree...shouldn't be anything left of it. I could see lots of smoke in my rear-view mirror...but shhh...don't let on that it was me!

Yes, that plant seems to be photographed a lot for me. I feel so speshul! Guy is referring to it as the Equil tradition. All visitors must photograph the tree for me. Tee he, silly Guy. I just asked him if he would start my chainsaw for me when I came to visit. I never could start if myself. Think he'll cooperate or is the tradition of photographing that wunnerful wunnerful specimen plant just too much for him? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm sorry to inform you that the smoke you saw must have been from a bonfire. The rains we've been having must have messed with the fuse. Shame, and here I had such high hopes. That's ok though! You get an A+ for trying and you are A ok in my book!

Ya know, I thought about taking our chainsaw with us, but it's pretty loud. Can you see him running up to me wielding a chainsaw, arms a flailing? I have some other pictures that, believe it or not, our daughter took. And they aren't blurry! Imagine that...lol....1 out of 10 ain't bad. The tree is a great climbing tree, but really isn't too big. One pass with a chainsaw and it'll come down easy. I'm sure he could figure out another tree to go there. I know, what about an oak? Wonder if he's got any? Maybe another Chihuahua whatever he said type tree. He can call it the Zoey tree :o)

Darn it all on those fuses anyway. It was cold, so the bonfire was probably toasty....hope they at least toasted some marshmallows.

Thumbnail by terryr
Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Alright, you two silly females, you're gonna be tree-toast if this keeps up! My dog Toni told me a more appropriate name for Zoey would be something nautical, like"Flotsom" or maybe "Oar-Durv"!

And speaking of nautical, Evil, you're treading on thin ice if you show up here with bombs, saws, Garlon, or anything else strapped to your belt -- just like I told Dirt she'd be spanked good with it if she showed up with a shovel!

Guy S.

Why Guy... (batting eyelashes innocently), I'd never do anything to that beloved specimen you have there. Unless of course you are willing to start my chainsaw for me. Well, if you rev up my chainsaw then I'll assume that's a consent and I am going to bee line it for that Albizia! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Death to the Albizia!

Speaking of Chihuahuas- think this will scare of Toni from protecting her master's tree?

Thumbnail by Equilibrium

Hey!! What happened to Goddess??? Just remember Zoey would win any time against Toni. She'd get stuck in Toni's throat :o)

I'm sure Lauren wouldn't strap anything to her belt!

Pssst....Lauren, change of plan. Get one of those big canvas bags to carry...he'll never notice! Us women do like our things big after all......

Thornton, IL

*What the...!* You and Guy have a daughter?!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

That's the most horrid looking "dog" I've ever seen! All three of my dogs looked at it and promptly puked. Of course, puking is nothing all that special if you're a dog . . .
Hey, let's talk about that OTHER tree she photographed!

Guy S.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Party Girl, you are dead! You just don't know it yet. In an unforeseen dark alley in the near future, you will pay for that insult! Anyway, they don't need your help, they're doing just fine without you.

Guy S.

Yes I admit it. I am actually Dolly Parton incognito and that precious blond snarling bombshell with teeth is our spawn.

I knew there was something about that picture that looked familiar! I can see Guy's nose and mouth.....of course the teeth are totally Guy's. Slap me upside the head, it's so obvious now.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

That is one of the funniest (and scariest) photos I have ever seen. Equal, you are one twisted sister, a regular F5, he, he, he..

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
I can see Guy's nose and mouth.....of course the teeth are totally Guy's.

Maybe, Terry, but the blonde hair and the pea-sized brain are all yours! Nyah!
And Evil is WAY beyond twisted. She's the Devil, I say!

Guy S.

How did the dog get so lucky to get me in her genes? I have a comment regarding the pea sized brain Guy, but I know for sure I would get booted off of here in a nano second. So I won't go there. Nope. Use your imagination Guy, if you still have one after all the many many many many (this could go on forever) years.....

Found another picture. It's Guy looking above, thanking the God's he got so lucky to have ever met me.

Thumbnail by terryr
Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Go there -- I dare ya!
By the way, that's a sumac, and I'm contemplating hanging you from it. And behind it in the left background is a large (for Illinois) banyan.

Guy S.

Thornton, IL

Since Guy is threatening me with bodily harm, I wish to clarify my comment. terry said

Quoting:
I have some other pictures that, believe it or not, our daughter took.
so I said
Quoting:
*What the...!* You and Guy have a daughter?!
I don't know how you twisted tree-huggers got the stupid dog involved.

Oh. That's not a dog, is it? (bowing head, averting eyes) I'm so sorry.

Oh but you don't want to see me go away, now do you? Fait-il chaud ici, ou c'est juste vous?
That might be a sumac, but that wasn't what you were thinking...

Hey Patrick, I found that photo on the Internet a while ago. I have no great love for small snarling dogs and I about spit pop out on my monitor when I saw that Chihuahua in a wig so I saved it to my desktop giggling all the way knowing that someday I'd get to use it. I'm so glad the photo reached out and touched someone. My three dogs are considerably bigger than Guy's dogs so that Chihuahua thing just gave me fits of giggles because my dogs poop bigger than that thing. I don't know why that photo cracks me up but it does.

Ce n'est pas juste vous. C'est très chaud ici. Mais alors je suis le diable. Meow!

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Are you two cussin' at me in French now?
And doen't anyone want to know more about the Sternberg oak or the banyan?
Nuts, I'm going to bed.
Guy S.

Nightie night Johnboy. Sweet dreams.

Guy's nuts? Well now, that explains a lot! When you wake up, tell us about the banyon.

Night Mary Ellen.........

Thornton, IL

Night Gramp-Paw!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
Night Gramp-Paw!

Gramp-Paw? GRAMP-PAW?
Oh, PartyGirl, you are SOOOO gonna get it!

Guy S.

Our secret is out Guy. With the slip of my tongue, PG now knows we have a daughter. The photo above of course is not her, but a photo of the love child between he and Eq. I think she also had a slip of the tongue. She meant Grump-Paw.

Thornton, IL

Um, I meant Patrick. I mean Fred. (ducking & running)

Why yes, I meant Patrick too. That photo of the precious blond snarling bombshell with teeth is OURS.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Bravo! Cheers! (whistling! [the good kind]) Mega-loud applause!

When does Act II begin?

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Hmm, Equal, You told! And we were being so carefull not to let the
'cat out of the bag' (even with those horns which are from your side of the gene pool, Dear). But, I admit it, I used to have hair like a Robert Plant, so that really isn't a wig, is it. Hey, did you really look like Dolly? I can't remember, it was so dark!!!
I think partygirl is Guy and terry's love thing, judging from her memory. That's why she thinks I'm Grumpy. Actually, I admit I've been crabby a few times, but I've learned to quell that problem...

Hey Patrick, hush child... they mustn't know all of our secrets.

Funny you should inquire about Act II Leftwood.

As the curtains are raised after a brief 15 minute intermission, Leftwood enters the scene and lands smack dab center stage. Odd how these things happen out of the blue.

And there he stood, completely in awe of all that had transpired and having been thrust into...

thrust into a......a cyber affair with PGz5. And Leftwood tried to be discreet but Equilibrium blew his cover in the beginning of Act ll. But then.......

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Gramps told him that he better marry his, um, love child (PGz5) or the shotgun, ah, I mean chain saw, was headed for his wood. Gasp, what will he do next EEEEEEKKKK!!!!..

This message was edited May 16, 2006 5:26 PM

Thornton, IL

Save me from the indignity of a life forced, I mean thrust, upon me! Oooh, maybe not, that wasn't so bad. Leftwood, was Ft Leonard Wood your pa?

Compton, AR(Zone 6a)

Yaaaaarrgh! A Soap opera on Dave's Garden !!!!!!

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Ha! Now she wants to know his lineage...

Does that mean theres a small sprout a growing in the potting shed, PG?

Dont tell Gramps!!!

He's still wheelin' from your last encounter. Word has it, he's out digging up his yard just to get over the pain. Spring does that to some men....

Thornton, IL

Ah, little wooden head! Someday you'll be a real boy!

And make ole Geppetto, I mean Guy, proud!

Thornton, IL

Guess what??!!!

I bought my first trees today!!

Yep, I'm so excited. I bought two Picea glauca 'Conica' at Home Depot. In the rain, I was soaked to the bone. What makes us do such crazy things?

I was going to just run in there and check to see if they had any more Purple Emperor sedum, and these little guys were there, looking so fresh and soft and green. They had me at hello!

I had already decided that the back yard fence needed a border, w/tiered beds, to be installed in the near future, going around the corner of the garage, with a large deciduous shrub nestled in that crook. So I needed something evergreen, to go with the spireas a friend is giving me. Now it will get done, plant material seeks good home! Ha! There is a method to my madness.

Please can I keep them?

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

You can keep them if you start showing due respect to the superior gender. Just don't expect them to grow more than an inch or two per year.

Geppetto

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.