ID Please!!

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello there- I planted tons of seeds like I do every year. Some do not grow until the next year.
I forgot what I planted. Does anyone know what kind of plant this is? Its doing really well.
I--- Thanks !!!

Thumbnail by katrun
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Looks like Cosmos to me, possibly the Sensation hybrid.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll ditto Doc on that. Mine reseed themselves everywhere - easy to ID.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7a)

I plant Cosmos every year. I did not plant any in that particular bed. I buy all the pack the have at the Home Depot.My Cosmos are never that small. these things look like they are ready to bloom. Duh! I feel so stupid.
. They look awful short . Thanks everyone!!! Well out they go!!

How about Larkspur?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Oh my!! let one bloom beffore you pull themn all, it could be something you will love.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks !! I think it is Larkspur!! I do remember planting some seed!!! Yah! Hoo!!!
Thank U!! Thank U!!!
Now, Who knows anything about Larkspur? Do my plants look healthy? Are they suppose to be a bit bigger??
Thank God its raining because They were on their way out.

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

When they flower you'll know for sure. Let us know!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Larkspur like water... that's why I don't try to grow them here in the desert any more. I can't keep them happy.

It's probably to late to bother now, but for next time if you thin them out a little, they would grow better, a little stalkier with more flowers. You may have a short variety, but there are taller ones too.

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

I prefer the shorter variety as they seem to do better. This year it looks as though they are going to be tall ones.The taller ones may need some support in winds.
You could try to thin them out still, but might end up damaging the roots of the ones you intend to keep.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7a)

Now that I know what they are- exception I do not know what variety they are. I bought the seeds at the local Home Depot. I usually buy a bunch and then plant them. My soil is very very hard clay. I had to use a pick axe just to dig a inch!!
So I amended the soil and mulched. That particular bed is so far from my house that I dont water it as often -Because I have to have 2 hoses to reach it!!
I hope they do well.

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

You don't have to plant larkspur or cosmos but if it was in the year before the seeds will spread to beds you didn't even put it in. My first choice would be cosmos from the look of it.
Kim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.