Excel chart help?

Denver, CO

I am trying to design an excel spreadsheet, where I can enter info into page one of excel, and have it carry over to page two. I can do that, have done so and know a bit about having it make financial calculations etc. What I really want it to do, is use dates from page 1, (check in and check out dates) and build me a chart on page 2.

I run an RV park. Up to this point, the owner has always done all of this by hand. When busy season arrives, he prints up a map of the park for each day of the year, and manually fills in the name of who is in what spot for how long. He has another set of pages for reservations. I find this rediculous, but he won't spend the $1200 required for a RV /Motel management program. He also is pretty computer stupid, so he doesn't trust it. Never mind that his system has holes and errors in it big enough to drive an RV through! I am the one having to do this work, and there has to be a better way!

Can anyone give me a crash course in working charts? I puttered a bit, and it picks up dates from page one, but it is filling them in on a bar graph in two columns. Ideally, I need it to fill in one section of the graph with a from/to type scenario.

I'm picturing a chart with the RV spaces numbered down one side, and dates across the top. If tell it that John Smith is gonna be here from June 4 to the 7, and needs space 51, I'd like it to put a colored bar in space 51 for that time frame. Is that feasible?

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!