candy corn vine

Pewaukee, WI

Anyone grow candy corn vine?(manettia) I bought one for the first time last year. The kids, hummingbirds and I loved it so much I bought 4 more this year. It is only an annual here, but I think it is a really great vine.

Thumbnail by pineapplesage
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I grow this vine and LOVE IT!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

This is one of my favorites! Mine is in its fourth year still in a large pot, coming back from a freeze!

Mine is all orange, without the red tips, and not sure if it is m.cordifolia, or m. inflata, but love it nevertheless.

Gracie

Nashville, TN(Zone 6a)

Thanks for sharing your photo. It's a great looking plant.

I just saw one at Home Depot a few days back, and almost bought it; but didn't. After seeing your plant's picture, I will go get one for sure.

David

Denver, CO

I just received a mail-order one. I hear that they toast in full sun?

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

It looks beautiful. I have been wanting one and bought one from almost eden. It died even before I took it outside.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Lovetropics, I had the same problem with plants from Almost Eden plus they charged me for a plant they didn't send and the rose had blackspot. They like to put you on Ignore. They'll never get anymore of my money. I bought my candy corn vine from another source several years ago and take it inside every fall.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

ahelms. Thanks for letting me know. I felt that it was never rooted since it died very fast. I have not ordered from them since then.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

You're welcome and you're probably right about it not being rooted.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, James - they prefer early morning sun and light shade after noon.

Denver, CO

Thanks Kay.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Neat looking blooms and like the color.

cuckoo

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I wonder where I can get one of those...A healthy one that is..!!

Denver, CO

Select Seeds has two-inch potted plants, flowering.

Pewaukee, WI

I got one from Almost Eden. It was a decent size and had a couple flowers on it.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful, pineapplesage! I'll have to keep my eyes open for one this year. Did grow it a couple of years ago for one of my planters.
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.