No signs of life?

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I planted a bunch of summer flowering bulbs (lillies, freesia, tuberose) in pots in the middle of last month. Even though some had what looked like active growth and the bulbs were healthy, not mushy, they have yet to make a formal apperance.

Same thing with some seeds that I planted (spanish flag hyacinth and scarlet runner beans), no signs of life.

The weather here in upstate new york has been very warm and sunny (for a change) so I am surprised that they aren't coming up.

Is it too early to start worrying that they aren't going to come up at all or should I just wait and hope that they're late bloomers so to speak.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

It's probably not warm enough long enough. I wouldn't give up yet.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I wouldn't give up either. Most seeds like warmer ground and I'm just guessing you'll have two to three more weeks to wait before you see signs of growth.

Good luck. I'm "rooting" for you.

I would think the evening temps in syracuse may be hampering them a bit.
Give it some time. Good Luck!

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Pirl, you're too funny. thanks all for the inspiration. We're in for a week of rain so maybe may showers will bring june flowers!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Ha! June flowers. June WET flowers. We're absolutely sodden here. Now wer'e above the rainfall we need! Florida needs it and California had the deluge all of March and now we have it.

Hard to play catch up in five hours a week as opposed to 25 to 40 hours of gardening each week.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.