A few things are starting to happen...

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, sadly, I missed all of the moss phlox blooming and the allium at its height, but I managed to get out and get a few pics of some plants this evening. Nothing really earth shattering, but for this being only the second spring for all these guys, they're doing pretty well. I keep encouraging myself, "Sleep, Creep, Leap" :)

Hope ya'll enjoy,

Huga

First pic is gypsophila repens 'Rosea', creeping baby's breath. I really like the way it looks with the blue-gray of the lamb's ear Helen von Stein in the background.

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Common chive with Berberis 'Crimson Pygmy' just behind. Another combo I'm pleased with this spring :)

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Another shot of the chive. Didn't realize I'd like this little guy so much. A neighbor passed him on to my garden last summer, and I humored her and planted it. Boy was I surprised this spring at its cute little blooms. The buds are nice, too. My 5 year old says they look like purple chocolate chips. One track mind :)

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oregano 'Herrenhausen'. This guy never left a bare spot in the garden! It gets a lovely purplish color in the fall and stays that way all winter long. I waited a little longer than I had planned to cut him back this spring, but it turned out for the best. The green, new growth had already begun. Once I cut the older growth back, this guy filled right out in no time flat. Pretty purple flowers in the summer.

This message was edited May 11, 2006 10:56 PM

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Moonbeam coreopsis really took off this year!

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Like I said, this is the "creep" year :) Maybe next year they'll fill out earlier. And my shrubs will start to get larger, which will certainly help with the whole "miniaturized" look I have here before the perennials get going.

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll get some more pics later on :) The sun started going down on me! Thanks for looking everyone :)

Take care,

Huga

BTW, those containers are sitting there waiting to be filled :) It's soooo cold for this time of year here this week, though. We'll see...

Thumbnail by SalmonMe
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful, huga!

Your new garden has really taken off and looks wonderful.

And I love your retaining walls--they really add a lot of character to your landscaping!

Let's see some more pics! t.

St. Peter's, PE(Zone 6a)

Huga,
Your garden looks great! Last year was my first with Coreopsis Moonbeam as well and it really spread this year. I cannot wait til it blooms should put on a nice show. Can't wait to see more pics.

Michelle

Huga, it's all starting to look real good. I keep trying Moonbeam, and it's real slow to take off for me. Still trying to find some spots where it's happy. You are creating some lovely combos there.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

please, please, please !!! I really like chive blossoms, but don't let them go to seed. Not only will you be pulling up baby plants for the rest of your life, you'll be pulling out your hair. (Been there) Nice photos of your house, thanks for sharing

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay, granny, I promise, promise, promise :)

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Looks great, Huga.
Your house is beautiful, now you are giving it some character. Nice job.
Dead-heading the Coreopsis will extend the season. You are going to love them.
Granny is right about the Chive.
Andy P

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Moonbeam has been with me since I planted my first perennial bed. Great plant :) I planted some containers today, too. Here's the thread I put in the Container forum...

Thanks for looking, everyone :)

Huga

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/601735/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.