bulk discount on Daylilies?

Redmond, WA

I'm Looking for a place in washington that will give bulk discounts on large orders such as daylily's. I plan to fill in with the bulbs later, but I want at least decent sized plant for this year.

edit: - i'll even go as far as idaho/oregon to obtain a decent savings. I'll Just rent a uhaul or something.

This message was edited May 11, 2006 2:28 PM

Renton, WA(Zone 8a)

How about here: www.poppainc.org

They have a great selection.

Cottage Grove, OR(Zone 8a)

you might try these guys, good prices but you have to buy 500 http://www.fieldsoncatonfarm.com/
.48- 1.47 ea depending on variety Caleb

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

JBUR,
You sure you got that link right?? Its to a kennel, or a pound, or something.

Regards;
bluelytes

Redmond, WA

nice thanks all (I dug around in that link - looks like their also a nursery http://www.poppainc.org/inventory.aspx)

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I've been to that last one. Their stuff is not big and they won't have a lot of daylilies. They will have a lot of variety, tho. Most of their stuff isn't that big. The woman who runs it is very knowledgable and will chat forever with you. I enjoyed my visit there a lot but was already in the area. I can't way that I think it would have been worth a separate trip down there!

There was just a pretty good daylily co-op - too bad you missed it. It was thru Hanson's Daylilies. They have a 'bargain basement' section on their website - maybe you could check that out. And keep your eyes open in the co-op section as there has been some great stuff going on there recently.

Why don't you come on our Snohomish nursery hopping trip with us in July and we'll help you pick stuff out! I just loving spending other people's money. LOL I'm very good at it.

Gwen

Renton, WA(Zone 8a)

Poppainc is a non-profit nursery in OR, just west of Portland. The proceeds go to over population prevention in animals. I went there on the recommendation of soldiersong and all their 1-gal are $4. 2-Gal $8 etc. They have trees, hydrangea, grasses, hosta, daylilies, everything. I made the trip mainly for them, the lilac festival and just to jaunt down and enjoy portland.

they had plants that were every size. Compared to what you get in the mail, their sizes were great. maybe not a lot of daylilies, but you can check thier inventory online and see if they have items you would like.

If you are in the area or want to go anyway, it is well worth the stop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.